About the job
About the role
As Lead Buying Officer, you are responsible for providing effective support and managing the category purchasing functions at Qatar Duty Free (QDF), ensuring that sufficient stocks are available at all times to satisfy the projected sales growth. You will investigate new product opportunities and present range proposals, analyse in-depth correct performance with a view to focusing the range and maximizing profitability for the company. Responsibility for margin and cost of sale related expenditure.
Key Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Negotiation of commercial conditions with vendors partners, contracts, advertising incomes, etc.
- Developed the Promotion Category Strategy
- Adapting Assortment, brands, skus, to maximize Category performance
- Set up a clear retail pricing strategy
- Define the layout of the Category and propose changes to optimize the spaces.
- Working cross-functionally with Supply Chain, Space Planning, Marketing
- Implementing solutions to maximize profitability and activate new ideas to minimize negative performance impacts
- Analyzing category performance and following up with all stakeholders within the group
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Expert – minimum 7 years of job-related experience required
- Ability to organise and prioritize tasks on a regular basis.
- Able to work to deadlines and work under pressure.
- Well-developed lateral and analytical thinking skills.
- Strong commitment to confidentiality.
- Strong people manager; able to lead a professional team.
- Excellent project management skills; able to deliver tasks within tight deadlines.
- Creative and innovative; able to design new and effective solutions
- @ Qatar Airways
- Doha, Qatar
Store Manager – The Body Shop
- @ Alshaya Group
- Doha, Qatar