About the job
A career in our Middle East Tax practice, based in Doha, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients with managing and resolving tax disputes with the tax authorities.
The PwC team has extensive experience working with tax authorities in the region and globally, with a thorough understanding of tax audit approach, tax assessment methodology and penalty regime application.
Our team helps clients through the various interactions with the tax authorities, from the preliminary stages of responding to the inquiries during a tax audit and up to the objection / appeal stages.
You’ll support our clients with all aspects of audit readiness, voluntary disclosure and clarifications requests, assistance during tax audit and formalities of drafting and submitting objections and appeal letters to the relevant authorities.
- 3-4 years’ strong Corporate Tax and Tax Dispute Resolution specialist knowledge and experience and with a reputable tax consultancy firm (preferably Big4). Those with legal backgrounds with experience in handling Corporate Tax dispute cases will also be considered.
- Arabic fluency is a must.
- Regional GCC Tax compliance and disputes experience is a plus
- Comfortable with handling conflicts
- A professional (tax or accounting) qualification (e.g. ACA, CTA, ADIT, ACCA or equivalent) is preferred
Please apply only if the above-required Job Requirements are satisfied.
Role Main ResponsibilitiesThe Successful Candidates Must Be Able To Demonstrate Professional Experience And/or a Proven Record Of Success With Regards To The Following
- Understanding of the Qatar tax administrative process and application in different scenarios.
- The role will involve you dealing with all tax enquiries and investigations from the early-stage introduction to the settlement of the tax dispute. Supporting clients to proactively manage their tax controversy in the most efficient manner and guide them through complex tax audits conducted until the tax audit closure.
- Manage the tax audits / investigations process through a proactive role to mitigate tax risks of the client and advising the clients on tax issues relating to the tax audits / investigations and its implications
- Advice on information / documentation preparation and review document for onward submission to the tax authorities
- Assisting clients throughout the tax objection / appeal process from preparing reconsideration / waiver letters to the tax authorities and objections/appeals to the Tax Department / Tax Appeal Committees, both in Arabic and English. Attending meetings to present / explain the position taken by the clients on the issues raised or documents submitted
- Tax legislation reviews in relation to the issues raised by tax authorities
- Shortening the investigation period through satisfactory resolution of issues between the clients and tax authorities
- Providing high quality service deliverables while maintaining budgetary and time constraints.
General Role Responsibilities
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and team working and writing skills.
- Demonstrable relationship building skills.
- Familiar with digital automation and transformation tools.
- Ability to operate with a mindset that transcends cultural boundaries.
- Be part of and contribute to the engaging working environment.
- Focus on self-development and on the development of those working with you.
- Possessing business knowledge and effective ways on managing tax litigation and controversy, creating value for clients.
- Advising clients on the tax controversy service offerings and ability to develop client relationships and driving new business opportunities.
PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited toAs a Senior Associate in our Qatar team, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realizes they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in the area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Cost Control Engineer
- @ Parsons Corporation
- Doha, Qatar