About the job
The Professional Health Representative is responsible for maximizing the sales of products through the different sales & promotion activities within a certain geographic territory leveraging digital channels as well as F2F, to achieve set target objectives.His/her promotional orientation (i.e., Rx sales targets) will be to create better customer experience.Tasks are performed under the general direction of the Sales/Category Manager; however, the incumbent is fully responsible for the business and financial results of his or her geographical territory.
- Engage on promotional science-based brand messages where product could support HCP in meeting patient need
- Engagement is also focused on broader range of content (e.g. disease state)
- Acts as key POC for seamless (compliant) reactive only connection to Pfizer SMEs and resources
- Responsible for onboarding customers to new operating model and to new platforms (e.g., Digital Engagement Portal)
- Knowledgeable of customer preferences for content and channels to orchestrate an ideal customer experience through relevant content selection
- Visits physicians to help them manage their patient’s disease using Pfizer products.
- Distributes knowledge using guidelines through product samples, marketing literature, clinical trials related to his products to help physicians and other healthcare professionals take the best decisions.
- Follows-up with HCP (KOL, physicians, pharmacists, or any other party having impact on the business), to gather feedback and questions regarding experience with Pfizer products.
- Provides approved information to HCP on Pfizer products, e.g., proper medical usage, dosage amounts and side effects.
- Enlists Pfizer products in the formulary of institutions
- Provides feedback to sales management on customer requests, responses to promotions and product access. Also update on changes in the health care system or hospital structure.
- Involved in the pre preparation of the marketing campaign through giving a feedback to the marketing team on what’s the real market, customers’ needs.
- Follows-up on stock, consumption and ordering process specially in government sector and institutions
- Involved in Pfizer community awareness programs.
- Attends seminars and participate in setting up sales demonstration and exhibition.
- Organizes AV activities in his area.
- Initiates & Participate in the nomination & selection of the local speakers in his/her territory
- Reports visits and other activities using ECMS.
- Attends regular sales meetings with DM, general meetings, and cycle meetings.
- Prepares short term POA restricted to his area and products.
- Presents reports according to DM recommendations and market needs.
- Updates his/her customer list according to the targeting process by understanding customer’s segmentations and customer insights
- Understands customer disease management needs
- Maintains and create new advocates by aligning to customer’s priorities/needs.
- Stands accountable for all customers e-mails, phone calls related to business.
- Executes the activities (International, regional, and local conferences, workshops) done by the marketing and medical department to engage its customers
- Prepares Monthly report for sales, activities , market feedback, threats, opportunities
- Participate in setting the engagement POA and play important role in its execution where applicable.
- Plays an important role in engaging customers via bold partnership programs.
- Explores business opportunities and expands the scope of his/her territory reach
- Reports to the Category Manager
- Connection to SMEs – reactive
- Works in close collaboration with similar job position holders across the Gulf
- Interacts well with:
- Supportive departments: BT (Business Technologies), Medical, Marketing, Finance, HR
- Customers Administration Departments: Stores, Purchasing and Finance
- Opinion Leaders and Field Experts
- Service Providers and Competitors
Education And Experience
- B.Sc. Pharmacy/Pharmacy Education Background
- Minimum 3 years of total experience in Sales department and 2 years’ experience as Health/Medical Representative
- Knowledge of the Pharmaceutical/Healthcare industry is required
- Fluent in English language, Arabic is an advantage
- To progress to Professional Health Rep role (other T&Cs apply):100% Sales achievement in last 2 years and Exceeding/Top performer in last 2 years for external hires Successful completion of one development assignment is preferred.
Technical Skills Requirements
- Pfizer Colleague Competencies
- Commit to “One Pfizer” and our Bold move Organization imperatives
- Have good written and verbal/oral communication skills
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, good persuasive and negotiation skills and must be changed agile
- Demonstrate effective selling, presentation and strong analytical skills
- MUST be Computer literate and experienced user of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)