About the job
Where you fit In
The candidate will be a member of Pearl GTL located at Ras Laffan – Qatar, he/she will work a 4×4 shift. We are looking for a responsible, experienced Lab Technician to join our pearl team, GTL Pearl.The candidate will be responsible to analyze samples, conducting tests, and entering the results in LIMSIf you can succeed in a fast-paced environment that requires an individual with drive, enthusiasm, and good time management skills, then you might be our ideal candidate. Apply now and let’s find out if you’ve got what it takes!
What’s the role?
Working in 4×4 shift – Laboratory Technician in Ras Laffan at Qatar.
- Perform the routine work and analysis of daily oil, water, and gas samples.
- Prepare solutions and reagents following standard laboratory formulas and procedures.
- Prepare, and maintain laboratory equipment, glassware, and instruments used in the analysis and experiments as appropriate.
- Dealing with unknown and non-routine samples
- Follow up on the lab quality requirement and ISO 17025 accreditation.
- Follow up on safety rules for shell.
- Maintains lab equipment and conducts minor troubleshooting.
- Perform calibration and verification for lab types of equipment.
- Complies with chemical hazard/radiation safety standards.
- Monitors inventory levels, orders materials, and lab accessories.
- Maintains and operates different lab equipment e.g., ICP, HPLC, GC/MS, IR, XRD,
- Perform other tasks and duties required in order to meet the requirements of the role and the aims in lab.
QualificationsWhat we need from You
- Master’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in oil, gas, and water sample analysis.
- Experience in the oil and gas industries is highly recommended.
- Wide knowledge of safety rules and dealing with Chemicals.
- Sound knowledge of quality and ISO17025 accreditation.
- Have a wide experience in analytical instruments such as GC, GC/MS, ICP, and oil equipment such as distillation, flash point, and viscosity.
- Fluent in English speaking and writing.
- Experience in MS Office, MS team, Sample Manger (LIMS), and lab operation software such as Openlab
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- Highest Academic Qualification.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
Interface and Risk Coordinator
- @ Petroplan
- Doha, Qatar
Sr. Environmental Analyst (Water)
- @ QatarEnergy
- Doha, Qatar