About the job
An AC/Refrigerator Mechanic is responsible for maintaining all refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment and installations in good working condition by carrying out necessary repairs and preventive maintenance.
What will I be doing?
As an AC/Refrigerator Mechanic, you are responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards: – Reports to the A/C and Refrigeration Technician/Foreman regarding daily work progress and trouble report completion.
- Attains all refrigeration and A/C trouble reports on daily basis. Guest room trouble is given priority
- Works closely with A/C and Refrigeration Technician/Foreman and peers to carry out preventive maintenance and annual maintenance program
- Follows all safety rules and regulations on the job, departmental procedures and instructions
- Carries out all other tasks assigned to him by his supervisor
In addition to the performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Able to read Building, Air-conditioning, Refrigeration and Electrical drawings
- Able to fault-find and repair air-conditioning, refrigeration and building control systems. Good electrical knowledge
- Knowledge of BMS systems. – Experience in reciprocating Chillers and Air handling plant and cold rooms
- Familiar with planned Preventive Maintenance and Safety programs
- Flexible and team player – able to work on own initiative
- Good understanding of water treatment techniques and ability to handle chemicals
- Makes periodic inspection tours to check all refrigeration equipment functioning properly
- Carries out guest room maintenance according to the scheduled program
- Works closely with an electrician to carry out electrical work when required, including functions and parties
- Daily refrigeration log sheet to be filled and temperature to be recorded
- Works closely with peers to assist in their job when requested by the supervisor
- Keeps all necessary tools in good working condition, keeps their working place neat and clean
- Attains all departmental meetings and training classes
What are we looking for?
An AC/Refrigerator Mechanic serving Hilton Brand hotels and vacations is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Minimum 5 years of air-conditioning or refrigeration installation or maintenance experience in Industrial/Commercial Projects
- Good all round practical trade skills inclusive fabrication, installation and maintenance
- Preferable apprentice time service candidate
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Hotels-Hospitals experience
- @ Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
- Doha, Qatar