About the job
About The Role
The role holder is responsible for managing and driving sales for the store through efficient store operations, visual merchandising, customer service delivery, and motivation and retention of store personnel in adherence to GMG norms. The job holder is also responsible for managing and coaching the store team.
About The Requirements
- Communicates store targets to the team and drives sales to achieve financial objectives
- Maintains proper loss prevention standards and ensures compliance with cash handling, fraud and theft of products
- Oversees and monitors all point of sales activities in the store which includes – sales transactions, tracking customer orders and payments, registering sale and maintaining inventory updates, providing service, handling returns and refunds, gathering consumer data for feedback’ etc.
- Oversees cash transaction entry and management (petty cash, point of sales (POS) cash elements, change floats)
- Regularly audits own store administration and resolves any issues; assists in carrying out annual stock counts and spot checks
- Monitors and handles customer complaints and take corrective action in line with policy; resolves customer complaints and responds to feedback in a timely and professional manner
- Tracks and evaluates brand sales performance, research market trends and competitor trading activities to identify critical business factors and propose action plans to increase sales and profitability
- Monitors and analyzes sales reports and provides insights to maximize stock potential; reports on the performance of new and core collections
- Maintains window and in-store displays to a high standard in line with merchandising guidelines
- Oversees and monitors the inventory management in the store ( stock availability, order management, back store management, stock movement within store)
- Ensures accurate stock merchandise and management (stock ageing , stock loss, space management) within the store
- Coordinates with facilities department on repairs or replacements of furniture or equipment; supports company maintenance standards/programs to optimize asset life
- Maintains staffing levels consistent with operational needs to ensure exceptional customer service; prepares schedules and ensures adequate shift coverage
- Ensures seasonal peaks, important promotional events are taken account of when preparing forecasts and staff rosters
- Ensures that the team is adequately trained in inventory management techniques such as in-bound movement of goods, receiving, stocking, restocking, transfers and managing inventory discrepancies
- Defines goals and key performance indicators for each member of the team and ensures effective implementation of the GMG’s performance management process
- Develops talent within the team by providing guidance, mentoring and coaching to achieve the defined goals
- Drives a culture of feedback and coaching in the Business Unit/ Department by providing feedback on an ongoing basis, identifying development needs and coaching the employees on the areas of improvement.
- A minimum of 5 -7 years of relevant experience with at least 3 years in a similar supervisory role in retail operations.
Deputy Store Manager
- @ Alshaya Group
- Doha, Qatar
- @ Qatar Airways
- Doha, Qatar