About the job
Primary purpose of job
Responsible for leading and driving QatarEnergy’s ICT strategy vision, mission and strategic objectives in alignment with Enterprise Architecture Domains and Principles throughout QatarEnergy’s ICT department. Preferable to have architecture design experience in Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
Experience & Skills
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressive experience in IT Enterprise Architecture and Strategy, with at least five (5) years of demonstrated enterprise architecture qualification and discipline – TOGAF / Zachman and architecture modelling using EA tools such as ArchiMate / Alfabet / BiZZdesign, etc. is mandatory.
- Should have experience in developing, coordinating, and executing Information Technology (IT) strategic roadmap based on corporate objectives and strategies.
- Proven and hands-on experience in the implementation of Enterprise Architecture (EA) framework, capabilities and processes that ensures the strategic application of change is embedded in the management of the organization, ensuring buy-in of all stakeholders.
- Should have hands-on experience in developing policies and procedures around Enterprise Architecture and understand the current EA to consider it when procuring new solutions and to determine any potential architectural gaps. Involve stakeholders and seek alignment on the proposed enterprise architecture changes.
- Good experience and exposure in providing technology guidance to ICT strategic initiatives in alignment with QatarEnergy’s EA framework and guidelines.
- Contribute and participate in developing solution architectures for the specific business, infrastructure, or functional areas, using appropriate tools and methods.
- Identifies and evaluates alternative architectures, trade-offs in cost, performance, and scalability.
- Supports strategic transformation program or strategic projects by providing consulting services on technical plans and applying design principles that comply with QatarEnergy Enterprise Architecture Standards and Principles.
- Ability to facilitate brainstorming sessions to derive strategic/tactical architectural outcomes.
- Maintains an awareness of current and emerging information and communications technologies and identifies possible opportunities for the business to be positively impacted by adopting such.
- Proactively advises those engaged in activities where the technical expertise is applicable to ICT staff and related areas such as budgetary and financial planning, litigation, legislation, and health and safety.
- Nice to have the solution architecture and design related professional certifications i.e., Microsoft Azure, Google Professional Cloud Architect, AWS Solution Architect & Information Systems Security Architecture etc.
- Strong conceptual understanding of IT landscape (infrastructure, application & security) in providing the expertise and experience to make key technical and governance recommendations on systems and technologies considering the current infrastructure and existing/emerging technologies.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with timely decision-making capabilities and highly motivated and self-directed with the ability to see the long-term vision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work and communicate concepts as appropriate with QatarEnergy ICT and Business stakeholders, contractors etc.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and architecture.
- Excellent people management, negotiation, and persuasion skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and communicate with a multi-cultural and multi-national workforce effectively.
- Good to have knowledge of data management strategy, data architecture and design principles.
- Good experience and exposure of designing business processing model and notation tools
- Bachelor’s degree (required) and Master’s degree (preferable) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an appropriate Engineering/Business field.