About the job
The role-holder is accountable to the process/policy/HR and organizational readiness of the operations of the local Adjacencies & Projects and the InfraCoHoldCo and the required support for the carve out process.
Role holder is reporting for the particular program into the Head of Adjacencies but is at any point in time functionally also accountable vis a vis the Group CHRO to ensure full consistency and compliance with overall HR requirements of Ooredoo Group and to enlist needed support where applicable.
Role holder will be also accountable vis a vis SteerCo of the Adjacencies & Projects program.
The role-holder is responsible to lead;
- Lead & coordinate the design, documentation and implementation of all L1/L2/L3 level processes for the new local Adjacencies & Projects and the InfraHoldCo (and/or other Group entities to be established) together with the functional owners (blueprint for all local Strategic Projects)
- Design the organizational structures, governance, decision rights and reporting lines together with functional owners
- Craft, align and document related LOAs
- Develop the approach to carve out the respective local Adjacencies & Projects organizations from OpCos, assess also needed capabilities and skills required for OpCos to manage Strategic Projects and a path – together with OpCo HR – to establish those skills
- Develop JDs for the new organization and assess levels together with Group HR
- Identify, screen and manage the transition to staff the new organization with harmonized bands & JDs cross-OpCos
- Develop a career/talent development concept for Strategic Projects units in alignment with Group HR
- Review Group policies from various functional areas for applicability for Strategic Projects and establish basic policy set for Adjacencies & Projects
- Support together with lead for tech & IT set-up of related HR systems for Adjacencies & Projects as standalone units to ensure operational readiness (payroll, absence & vacation mgmt., benefit mgmt.,) as functional expert.
- Project manage delivery of key plans and activities necessary, related to the transfer of people, for the carve-out, establishments, development of the new Infra entities.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor/Master Degree
- Fluent English – Arabic and French is a plus
- Minimum 10+ years of experience preferable in the Telco industry (not just functional)
- HR work experience of 5 years
- Process & org design expertise of at least 8 years
- Must have worked in developing markets, ideally in a multinational environment
- Have management consultancy experience
- Excellent communicator
- Knowledge and prior experience relating to the tower industry is beneficial and set-up of a tower entity operationally would be beneficial
- Excellent process & organizational design skills supported with outstanding understanding of how process and org design decisions impact the business
- Ability to quickly understand and develop understanding of policies at Ooredoo OpCos and OG
- Solid background in running HR transformation in cases of carve outs, M&A, etc.
- Ability to quickly understand and develop understanding of HR (IT) systems used in the group and related capabilities of the systems
- Ideally work experience in start-ups and solid understanding of what needs to be done to build a new entity