About the job
ACS International Schools is looking to appoint a new Head of School for our dedicated IB school in Doha. This is a pivotal and high-profile leadership role at ACS and the ideal candidate will have the desire and ambition to match our aspirations.
Since opening its doors in 2011, ACS Doha has become a top international school in Qatar with excellent facilities, an inclusive community, and a rigorous international curriculum that includes the International Baccalaureate and Advanced Placement programmes.
In September 2020, the School opened a new landmark campus in Al-Kheesa with outstanding facilities and innovative learning spaces designed to accommodate boys and girls aged between 3–18 representing more than 70 different nationalities. This new campus has allowed the school to greatly increase student numbers from 900 to nearly 2,500 across the School.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and visible school leader, who believes in empowering people to do their best whilst at the same time inspiring the whole community. They will focus on education quality and develop a dynamic and exciting vision for the school and therefore they would be expected to demonstrate the following key experiences, skills, and competencies.
• Significant experience of academic leadership and management in schools as well as substantial experience in an international context with a proven ability to promote international mindedness in staff and students.
• Played a key role in leading and developing a school and managing enrolment, staffing and facilities.
• Significant strategic and commercial leadership experience in education.
• Extensive experience of achieving high standards as expressed and assessed by international and local regulators and inspection organisations.
• Significant experience of managing continuous improvement, transformation, and change.
• Proven experience of motivating people to give their best results, recognising them when things go well and coaching for performance improvement.
• Mentored and coached school leaders and staff to build morale and personal esteem.
• Experience of managing school budgets and financial management.
• Understanding of and commitment to IB programmes, including the Career-related programme, and leadership within the IB global community of practice
• Successful management of IB Continuum Schools, including continuity and transitions between IB programmes
• Experience of parent and alumni fundraising and alumni programmes
• Ideally, candidates will have previous experience of working within an international context.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
• Passionate about education and people development – a commitment to delivering an outstanding holistic education to all students.
• Able to inspire and unite students, staff, and parents through being an involved and visible presence on campus.
• Proven commitment to safeguarding and wellbeing of children and staff.
• Personal impact and presence; is recognized among other academic leaders as a credible individual.
• Able to build a network of contacts across various stakeholder groups and disciplines and create a sense of community among parents, students, and staff.
• Necessary tact and diplomacy and demonstrated emotional intelligence.
• Able to create a positive and innovative atmosphere which encourages people to come up with novel ideas and ways of improving teaching and learning.
• Continually seeks opportunities to develop a culture of excellence.
• Seeks to provide the best solutions in terms of quality and affordability.
• Collaborative, consensual, and inspirational leadership style.
• Strong people management and professional development competencies.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Competency with a range of digital management tools and learning technologies.
• Understanding of school enrolment strategies and the relationship with an organisational business model.
• Up-to-date knowledge of the ISI framework as well as NEASC accreditation, and IB Programme Standards and Practices.
• Good understanding of national education policies, legislation, and compliance.
• Single private medical insurance (PMI) cover for employee only
• Life Assurance
• Employee assistance programme
• Fully-furnished accommodation
• Utility Allowance to cover water and electricity
• Transport Allowance
• Relocation package
• Annual flight home allowance once per year for self and family according to the Employee Handbook
• One-off Relocation and Shipping Allowance to relocate to Doha
• Settling-in Allowance upon arrival
• Bursary according to the ACS Bursary Policy