About the job
About The Role
We are hiring for your skills to manage the Airport Authorities’ security operations, ensuring compliance with local and International regulations and all instructions and procedures issued by the Head of Security HIA and QCAA. Protect the interest of the airport staff, passengers, equipment and assets avoiding unlawful acts of interference, theft, damage, fines, etc. The 24-hour position will coordinate responses and provide support and communication to all areas within the airport. Taking the lead and liaising with all stakeholders’ colleagues and departments and in particular, working with other departments and airlines to assess the security implications prior to advising and reporting to Senior and Executive HIA management. Although MOI is the screening authority; the Duty Manager of Security must forge excellent working relationships and be on hand to support and facilitate excellence in all aspects of Airport Security. Advise airlines and tenants on security legislation and ensure compliance of the Airport Security Program.
Other Operational Duties Would Include
- Manage all shift staff working in the HIA Security Operations at HIA through effective leadership in order to deliver a first-class security operation.
- Maintain and control procedures and ensure compliance through, briefing, monitoring and debriefing of the staff to ensure that all relevant national and international regulations are met.
- Coordinate with QAS, HIA, QDFC, QACC, CAA, Customs, and local security on a daily basis to enhance relationships through relationship building and professional guidance to ensure security excellence.
- The issue and accountability of security equipment, Radios, Vehicles etc. through spot checks and audits so as to ensure all items are fit for purpose and ready for use when needed.
- Record and supervise the Alcohol and Drug Tests of any staff within the airport through the relevant SOP to ensure QR group policies are delivered effectively.
- Producing Security Shift Reports and distributing it by cease of shift to nominated management in order to ensure all required stakeholders are kept informed and up to date.
- Managing the daily absence and first line of disciplinary through the relevant policies with the aim of delivering the agreed company absence rate.
- Reporting any issues to Senior or Executive management as necessary through various media means to ensure that we keep our ‘finger on the pulse’.
- Main point of operational contact for all aspects of HIA Security.
- Responsible for activation of the Security Cascade System in the case of any Emergencies/Disasters.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced professional to join the Security Team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- AVSEC Management certification.
- Expert – minimum 7 years of job-related experience required
- Regulatory experience, Police, Military Police or general military operations experience.
- Aviation security experience.
- Strong regulatory background is highly desired. Preferred
- Sound working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Good working knowledge of general security operations requirements.
- Understanding of airport and airline operations and their security requirements.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.