About the job
This role is permanently assigned to the Project’s commercial and contractual management. A comprehensive knowledge of the principles governing all terms and conditions of contracts, Company contracts policies, and the Company industry, are prerequisite.
- Responsible for the preparation of tender packages for Assigned Projects for Client approval in Client’s standard terms and conditions format and layout.
- Responsible for raising requests of contract action once approved by the Client.
- Monitors and reports the progress of the tender packages for assigned projects.
- Assists the Client in conducting pre-tender meetings, site visits, replies to tenderers’ queries, preparation of supplementary letters to the ITB, evaluation of tenders, recommendations of award, internal and external approvals for award recommendations, preparation of contract documentation for signature.
- Provides close monitoring of construction activities of awarded contracts with reference to areas of possible claims, review of construction contractor correspondence with respect to contractual impact, production of recommended responses by the Client, evaluation of construction claims as well as other related activities enumerated in the contract.
- Participates in Company strategic planning for specific projects, i.e., risk assessment, bid/no bid analysis, business plan.
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of contract administration by the assigned Contract Administrators.
- Coordinates with affected groups to ensure proper support in contract administration, proposal preparation, and in negotiations.
- Reviews requests for proposals particularly to identify risks and terms which may not conform to Company policy.
- Negotiates the more difficult, complex, or sensitive issues with client management.
- Makes staffing assignments, offers training, reviews work produced, completes performance evaluations and counseling as needed.
- Completes other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Work with project managers/project engineers to ensure all projects are set up and executed in full compliance with all the requirements of the Worley Project Management Process (WPMP) and General Management System (EMS) using consistent approaches, Work Breakdown Structures, work methodologies and reporting systems
- Monitors the closure of all identified risks and opportunities.
- Maintain HSE focus with the team to ensure OHSE requirements.
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world’s best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
- personal well-being;
- healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
- Continuously improve Worley health, safety and environmental performance.
- Identify and report work hazards and incidents.
- Must have a proven track record of managing and leading teams for large sized projects in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Candidates with work experience within the Oil & Gas Industry in a GCC country is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated ability of effective functioning in a multi-cultural environment, preferably in the Middle East.
- Analysis and problems solving
- Communication, written and oral
- Formal presentation skills
- Ability to influence and persuade
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- Full-Time Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage.
Industry Specific Experience
- Previous experience on PDH – PP Projects is a must
- The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 20 (Twenty) years of experience post-qualification in the Oil & Gas, refinery, or petrochemical industry, with exposure to heavy oil projects
- The ideal candidate will have worked in a senior role within the contracts department of an engineering company.
- The ideal candidate must have a minimum experience of 5 years in a related designation/specialty.
- Previous experience managing a PMC project
- Also, it is preferred that the candidate must have a minimum of 2 years of experience with the contractor in a similar position.
- It is an added benefit if the candidate is a Certified Project Manager by any reputable professional organization.
- Must also have excellent communication skills for interaction with clients and potential clients and be capable of independently negotiating complex contractual issues