About the job
The aim of the Infection Prevention and Control is to optimize patient care through the prevention, surveillance, investigation, liaison, education, research and control of health care acquired infection (HCAI). The appointed person will be required to provide and maintain a comprehensive, efficient and effective infection prevention and control service for residents and patients.
- Provides information, training, guidance and support for prevention and control of infection within the hospital.
- Responsible for the surveillance, analysis, and reporting of Hospital Acquired infections; educating employees about infection control and ensuring the implementation of various infection control policies in the hospital.
- Assisting environmental control through surveillance of water supply systems as needed
- Plan, organize, develop and implement educational programs for all hospital employees including administrative and ancillary services and skills to increase employee awareness of existence of HAIs, techniques for avoidance and preventive measures to provide a safe environment for hospital employees and patients.
- Supervises the maintenance of the established protocols for infection prevention e.g. isolation procedures, hand washing techniques used, the use of hand rub, change of IV set, change of central line dressing, availability of supplies, terminal cleaning of a unit and disinfection of equipment etc. in the hospital.
- Corrects and teaches staff whenever the need arises during rounds. E.g. proper use of gloves, improper handling of equipment, practice of aseptic precautions etc.
- Participates in the formal teaching programmes during the orientation of new staff.
- The staff should be informed about the steps to be taken in case of an accidental needle stick injury and the availability of hepatitis vaccination.
- Tracks down the source of an organism such as in the case of an outbreak of salmonella or MRSA infections. This includes environmental and personnel monitoring when appropriate.
- Carries out surveillance through regular contact with all hospital departments, particularly those providing patient care.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- with Qatar License – Registered Nurse
- with minimum 3 years of experience in Infection Control
- Willing to relocate to Doha Qatar