About the job
The Director of Academic Support will be responsible to lead the development, collaboration, and coordination of Qatar Foundation’s (QF) academic and research programs and provisions across all QF Higher Education Institutions.
Key Result Areas
- Develop, implement, and monitor the academic component of the Higher Education strategy
- Coordinate reviews of academic programs with QF Higher Education Institutions.
- Build greater academic collaboration and integration between QF’s Higher Education Institutions.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of joint academic programs & initiatives between QF Higher Education Institutions, removing obstacles & barriers and ensuring adequate financial support from QF as needed
- Evaluate proposals for new academic program offerings and provide briefs and recommendations to management
- Identify, recommend and initiate joint academic programs between QF Higher Education Institutions based on working relationships with faculty & staff and broader knowledge and overview of all academic programs across the Higher Education Institutions to increase opportunities for cross-collaboration
- Identify in coordination with QF Higher Education Institutions how the new joint programs will be offered and incorporated into university curriculums; support Higher Education Institutions with all aspects of program implementation
- Strengthen connections and joint programs with Pre-University Education.
- Coordinate the continuing/executive education programming across QF’s Higher Education Institutions to maximize program impact
- Oversee RDI activities within Higher Education and identify opportunities for multidisciplinary academic initiatives
- Work closely with academic leadership at all QF’s Higher Education Institutions to ensure they receive appropriate academic support and coordinate academic offerings
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Master’s degree in a field relevant to higher education with 8-10 years of full-time work experience 5 of which at a senior supervisory level, preferably with exposure to higher education global trends and emerging opportunities; a doctorate degree is an advantage
- Exceptional understanding of academic programming and administration
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Exceptional skills in stakeholder engagement and coordination
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communications and to articulate ideas clearly and concisely; Arabic proficiency is an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- @ Chalhoub Group
- Doha, Qatar