About the job
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges, and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations, and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Lead the way.
- Serve with integrity.
- Take care of each other
- Foster inclusion
- Collaborate for measurable impact.
During your tenure as an Associate Director, within Value Creation Services (VCS), you will manage projects that cut across the lifecycle of some of the largest, complex, and high-profile M&A, transformation, and turnaround programmes in the Middle East. Our team supports clients to plan, execute, and generate the highest value for their integrations, separation, privatization, IPO preparation, restructuring, strategy management offices, and / or transformation programmes.
Our extensive experience, first-hand insights and tried and tested methodologies give us a distinct advantage to serve a diverse range of client needs. Our VCS team of highly skilled business professionals with cross-border implementation experience and wide-ranging skills are looking for a senior candidate motivated to lead on the headline grabbing transactions, restructuring and transformation programmes of tomorrow. Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead teams and be accountable for the end-to-end delivery of a medium to large scale programmes.
- Lead in facilitating client workshops and stakeholder management activities.
- Report overall programme progress to senior executives including risk mitigation and issue resolution proposals.
- Act as the primary day to day interface with senior client executives to deliver PMO projects.
- Develop strong and durable client relationships as well as build and maintain effective firm-wide relationships.
- Support or lead various marketing and thought leadership initiatives and present findings at external events or firm seminars.
- Shape practice and product offering development activities and lead a team to ensure progress and delivery on those activities.
- Mentors and support development of junior staff and develops enthusiasm and commitment from teams.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognized for their contributions.
- Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent.
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track.
- Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills.
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting and an approved professional qualification (e.g., ACCA / CPA / CFA / CMA) or Masters in Business Administration.
- Project Management certification example PMP and Prince II is preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Advisory background is essential: big 4 or strategy houses.
- High excel, power point and word proficiency.
- Strong managerial, organizational, project management, analytical and verbal/written communication skills
- Prior experience in the delivery of multiple major programmes in financial advisory and investments domain including but not limited to integrations, separation, privatization, IPO preparation, restructuring, strategy management offices and / or transformation programmes.
- Successful track record of leading project teams to deliver mid to large scale programmes in a high-pressured environment.
- Knowledge of Qatar market is preferred.
- Knowledge of the M&A, Privatization, Restructuring and / or IPO is advantageous.
- Track record of building trusted and lasting relationship with C-suite executives and a strong acumen to bring and commercialize innovative solutions to complex challenges.
- Demonstrate performance drive, strategic direction, and inspirational leadership abilities to maximize team delivery and sense of followership.
- A natural inclination and determination to develop at a professional and personal level and mentor colleagues in doing so.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and Arabic, with the ability to present clearly in presentation or pitches including senior level stakeholders.
- @ People Dynamics
- Doha, Qatar