About the job
The Regional Innovation & Portfolio and CM Assistant Manager supports the planning agenda of Nutrition Category in Arabia & NALI regions together with SC I&P and CM managers.
I. Innovation Planning
- Innovation network development & execution: Responsible for the timely roll-out of innovations in the region; develop the Supply Chain part of innovation network and execute against this network; deliver QOTIF implementation.
- Define optimum sourcing network that will meet the cost and timing targets of the innovation aligning with Group Category SC team.
- Partner with marketing team and represent the SC in the regional innovation project meetings, prepare supply chain decision documents as input into gate discussions for assigned innovation projects.
- Allocate innovation capability and capacity, support CAPEX request process for innovations with the Category Engineering Manager.
- Anticipate any network risks / delays in advance, identify opportunities that will allow BFI (better & faster innovation).
- Develop the plan for the 1st production, ensure that the capacity for the pipeline is ensured at the sourcing site, considering stock building targets, in consultation with the sourcing unit and country supply planning team.
- Develop transition plan (rundown) with the Sourcing Unit and country supply planning team.
- Secure customer service at the targeted levels within the first 6 months after the innovation, assist in providing solutions regarding any supply/quality issues within this period via coordinating the sourcing unit, the country teams, and other related stakeholders.
- Manage innovation business waste, ensuring minimization at lowest possible level.
- Coordinate supply chain assessment of Raw/Pack materials, manufacturing capability, capacity, and availability regarding innovations in consultation with the Regional Supply Management, Supply Planning, and the sourcing unit.
- Coordinate indicative transfer prices for business cases to innovation projects together with Finance, Procurement & SU Export Teams and ensure actual costs are not materially different from business case.
II. Supply / Capacity Planning
- Understand category growth assumptions in 8Q Funnel and translate them into volume assumptions as input for long term capacity planning.
- Responsible for midterm (9/12months – 24months) to long term (+24months) capacity planning process RCDSR for Finished Goods to ensure necessary capacity in place in all SUs to support category growth.
- Drive capacity increase plans with relevant teams and lead investment needs.
III. Supply Network Design & Optimization
- Drive simplifications on the supply network and on sourcing sites (Unilever and/or CM) via identifying harmonization opportunities i.e., formulation, RM, PM (primary and secondary), SKU rationalization and managing the portfolio in cooperation with Marketing through delist plans of tail variants/SKUs.
IV. Savings and Cost Optimization
- Support Category procurement team on category savings plan aligned with the agreed targets and ensure delivery via effective project management and coordination.
- Agree capex requirements for savings projects with Cat. Engineering Team and ensure capex allocated in budget and implemented as per plan.
- Analyze controlled costs (Logistics, Production) and create cost saving projects which will benefit to region and sourcing strategies.
V. CM Management
- Managing and coordinating network optimization, partnerships, innovation, and operational excellence activities for Collaborative Manufacturing withing the region with the support and engagement of relevant Unilever experts.
- Network Optimization; internalization, consolidation, capacity planning, localization, delisting activities.
- Partnerships; contract model, and transparency agreements.
- Innovation; Horizon 2 & 3, white space, new capability projects in addition to the above innovation planning accountabilities.
- Operational Excellence for key CMs; KPI follow up on safety, quality, service, performance, and coordinating continuous improvement activities.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Innovation Planning
- Short & Long terms Supply / Capacity Planning
- Supply Network Design & Optimization
- Savings and Cost Optimization
- CM Management
- Management of Controlled Cost Agenda of the region together with Finance/MANEX and regular update to LT. (Production, Logistics, Business Waste focus)
Key Competencies & Skills
- Educational background: University degree (preferably Engineering)
- Experience needed: min 2-5 years of experience supply chain Planning, Production, Quality, R&D and/or Procurement
- Interpersonal skills required:
- Fluent in English, Arabic is a plus
- Cross functional business process knowledge
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and technology
- 3PM management experience/knowledge is a plus
- Analytical skills
- Relationship building & influencing with external parties
- Business awareness and growth mindset
- Proficiency in MS Office application