About the job
Qatar Airways is excited to be launching a new opportunity to join our HR- Talent Development as a Learning and Skills Specialist, reporting to the Manager of Learning and Skills Development.
As a Learning and Skills Specialist, you will be responsible for building strong partnerships with the business to actively listen and understand the concerns, risks and developmental opportunities in raising the bar for people’s performance. You will remain committed and passionate in developing individuals, teams and departments, and influencing the culture of the organization through developmental initiatives.
Effective networking and trust-based partnerships with HRBPs will be essential for this role. You will be required to assess the performance gaps and break them down at a skill level, with subsequent design & development of programs that are appropriate and fit for the purpose of reskilling or upskilling.
Other Operational Duties Will Include
- Building effective partnerships with HRBPs to work collaboratively on divisional requirements for people skills, leadership and management development initiatives/interventions.
- Understanding the gaps in performance at an individual, team and departmental level through the use of behavioral and psychometric assessments or focus group facilitated workshops, surveys or through stakeholder conversations or any relevant methods.
- Leveraging on existing digital platforms and employing the “Build-Buy-Borrow-Bridge” strategy while designing developmental interventions.
- Supporting line manager and Talent leadership team with talent interventions and rollouts.
- Assisting in the impact assessment and measurement of interventions and programs based on Kirkpatrick Levels 3 and 4.
- Taking part in the execution of the strategy for the “Global Skills Framework”, impacting employees globally across Qatar Airways Group.
- Practicing deep listening coupled with powerful consultation to understand the gaps, as well as designing and facilitating interventions fit for developmental purposes.
- Leveraging on the principles of 70-20-10, mentoring and coaching, and value-based talent development strategies.
- Providing feedback on psychometrics for management, team, and personal development. Monitoring the trends and conducting gap analyses as needed.
- Managing complex, talent-driven projects in collaboration with internal design and technology teams and external global partners.
A successful candidate should possess the following experience and qualifications:
- High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification / Diploma or Equivalent, position-related qualification with Minimum 5 years of job-related experience OR Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 4 years of job-related experience.
- Excellent command of the English language (spoken and written).
- Work experience or certification in Talent Development.
- Strong passion for talent development.
- Firm understanding and demonstration of effective and engaging facilitation skills.
- Consultant mindset and proactiveness.
- Understanding 70:20:10, measurement of ROI/ROE, and non-learning related development interventions.
- Change Management skills in a professional developmental context.
- Ability to measure program effectiveness to Kirkpatrick levels 3 and 4
- Aviation L&D industry experience.
- Experience in a multicultural organization.
- Coaching and mentoring experience.
- Instructional design expertise.
- Experience leading change initiatives
- Knowledge and experience in coaching and mentoring.
- Project Management experience.