About the job
We are seeking a Pharmacology Faculty who is expected to teach their specialty and to contribute to the academic life of the Medical College. Our unique program provides the successful applicant with the opportunity to contribute to both the education and research programs. WCM-Q has established a center of excellence in basic, translational, biomedical and medical education research. For this purpose, the College has a world-class infrastructure, and outstanding internationally recognized scientists.
WCM-Q and Weill Cornell Medical College in New York share the same mission: to provide the finest education possible for medical students, conduct research at the cutting edge of knowledge, improve health care, both now and for future generations, and provide the highest quality of care to the community. Full details regarding the WCM-Q program and facilities, including affiliations with ACGME-I accredited clinical sites, can be accessed at http://qatar-weill.cornell.edu.
Candidates must have
- M.D., Ph.D., PharmD, or M.D./Ph.D. or equivalent terminal degree
- A record of excellence in teaching and scholarship and research interests that complement with those of WCM-Q.
- Previous experience in the teaching of the principles of pharmacology and systems pharmacology in a medical curriculum.
- An interest in contributing to research in medical education and participating in administrative roles in teaching.
Candidates should Have
- A minimum of three years of significant teaching experience in a university or academic health system, preferably in North America
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience with several learning modalities, including problem-based learning (PBL), team-based learning (TBL), lectures, small group sessions, journal clubs and bed side teaching
- Experience providing individual support, feedback, and advice to medical students
- Knowledge of medical education curricular development and innovations
- A track record of biomedical, clinical or educational research would be highly advantageous
Preference will be given to applicants who provide evidence of the development and delivery of innovative teaching approaches, student advising, and involvement in research. A strong record of excellence and commitment to education and scholarship is highly desirable.
- Passion for student success
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Adaptive thinking
- Cultural humility
- Ability to build trust with colleagues and stakeholders
- Appreciation for diversity.
- Ability to set and achieve goals
- @ Chalhoub Group
- Doha, Qatar