About the job
About the role
We are recruiting for Quality & Configuration Control Senior Engineer, to be based in Doha, Qatar.
The role of Quality & Configuration Control Senior Engineer is responsible for oversight and enforcement of Quality Assurance objectives mandated by regulatory authorities (EASA and QCAA) and adopted by the QR Organization, to ensure that the equipment and training devices are fit for purpose, consistent and effective in the delivery of training services in a safe and efficient manner. The role is primarily responsible for ensuring Regulatory Compliance for FSTD & SEP operation, achieved by the development and execution of quality management processes, with emphasis on QTG expertise and FSTD Objective testing methodology. The responsibility of this role extends to other areas of Quality control, including Facility Compliance, FSTD Inventory, and external customer configuration management.
Specific responsibilities for the role include:
- Advisory role in reviewing department Standard Engineering Procedures manual and best practices for FSTD preventative maintenance.
- Identify and manage risks and opportunities related to regulatory compliance, requirements as cascaded from Training Department, and safety measures dictated by Group OHS policy as well as particular to FSTD operation.
- Support the expansion of EASA Extended Evaluation Program for self-assessment of FSTD’s resulting in cost saving and achieving increased independence in regulatory compliance.
- Plan assigned activities in an effective and efficient manner, operate equipment and tools relative to assigned tasks within framework of Qatar Airways procedures.
- Review work procedures and standards, propose improvements to procedures to ensure work processes are effective.
- Responsible for the final release of work accomplished by simulator engineers. Ensure tasks are performed to meet company standards and targets such as availability KPls and deficiencies ECDs. All simulator components maintenance work is accomplished in accordance with laid down policies and procedures.
- Supervise a team of simulator engineers Level 1 & 2, ascertaining that quality control tasks are completed efficiently, are compliant with procedures, and meet task objectives.
- Recommends and develops new procedures for configuration control and development of Configuration Control Procedures.
- Monitor and ensure that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements of QR and the staff are maintained at all times.
- Maintain Aviation Authority certifications for all the devices and training Center under EASA and QCAA as per CS-FSTD(A) rules and regulations. This is through interfacing with regulatory authorities for FSTD bookings, scheduling of qualification activities, and timely submission of required validation documentation (QTG’s).
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification /Diploma or Equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on Role) with Minimum 7 years of job-related experience or Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 6 years of job-related experience.
- Experience in full flight simulators maintenance and aircraft parts debugging.
- Extensive knowledge of QTG evaluation, preferably with background in Flight and/or Performance systems.
- Experience interfacing with regulatory authorities, particularly EASA & FAA.
- Solid experience with L3 and CAE simulators.
- FSTD control loading & motion troubleshooting and tuning experience.
- Experience to debug software related bugs on simulators.
- Experience with Rockwell Collins visual, Experience in test kit set up and tuning.
- Experience in setup and troubleshooting of sound QTG testing.
- Strong knowledge and familiarity of SEP operation and keeping up-to-date with evolving trends in SEP equipment maintenance compliance.
Lead Quality Assurance Officer
- @ Qatar Airways
- Doha, Qatar
Manager Training & Development
- @ Qatar Airways
- Doha, Qatar