About the job
About the role
We are recruiting for Senior Liaison Officer, to be based in Doha, Qatar.
The role of Senior Liaison Officer is fully responsible to manage an effective liaison between Integrated Training Centre (ITC) at Flight Operations and external Customer’s/Supplier’s chain to ensure training services are delivered as per division’s training plan. The role is also responsible for managing compliance activities with regulatory authorities and auditing bodies to ensure all training activities at ITC are in compliance with relevant regulations.
Specific responsibilities for the role include:
- Manage internal customer requests for training from different departments in Flight Operations and ensure all such requests are timely actioned.
- Establish collaborative networks with external training organizations by researching potential suppliers based on availability of slots and instructors’ technical compatibility with fleet configuration and training syllabus, and compliance with regulatory requirements to ensure that ITC has sufficient and relevant resources to conduct its training plans.
- Liaise with training management and regulatory affairs teams to ensure that sourced services are technically compatible and compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Identify marketing opportunities to offer services to potential external customers for FSTD (Flight Simulator Training Device), SEP (Safety Emergency Procedure) and classroom trainings to ensure ITC’s internal resources are effectively utilized.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders (procurement, contracts, finance) to execute revenue generating activities and source overflow training requirements.
- Manage communication with regulatory authorities (EASA/QCAA) for administrative and logistical work, and financial oversight.
- Act as focal point of contact for external customers that are using ITC training facilities and resources, in order to manage FSTD booking requests with crew planning for slots and coordinate with training department for slots for training courses.
- Provide oversight on external customer invoicing, and manage slot cancellation/modification with crew planning to ensure effective execution of all activities.
- Establish a process for guiding customers of different nationalities on visa requirements/formalities etc. in order to facilitate smooth access for overseas visitors to Qatar for training purposes.
- Manage scheduling with Crew Planning for entry-in-service activities of new FSTD and SEP equipment, and coordinate for securing required downtime and crew resources for major update programs for existing devices.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification /Diploma or Equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on Role) with Minimum 5 years of job-related experience or Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 4 years of job-related experience.
- Minimum working experience of 4-5 years in job related function in aviation industry.
- Working experience with regulatory authorities EASA & QCAA, FSTD regulations, their respective processes and administrative forms.
- Familiarity of inter-department interactions for scheduling of resources.
- In depth knowledge of crew legalities and training curriculum content.
- Extensive experience in procurement and contractual processes.
- Experience in Technical report writing and presentations.
- Experience dealing with customers and external training suppliers.
Lead Quality Assurance Officer
- @ Qatar Airways
- Doha, Qatar
Manager Training & Development
- @ Qatar Airways
- Doha, Qatar