About the job
About The Role
We are recruiting for Ground Training and Cabin Safety Manager, to be based in Doha, Qatar.
The role of Ground Training and Cabin Safety Manager will oversee the Qatar Executive Flight Crew Ground Training team to ensure the efficient planning and realization of crew trainings to comply with internal and external regulatory requirements and to optimize training resources. The role will be responsible for all Flight Crew regulatory and company ground training. The role is also responsible to support all aspects related to the aircraft cabin safety management.
Specific Responsibilities For The Role Include
- Align the departmental policies and procedures, ensuring the team’s activity and ground training objectives are accurately documented to obtain full conformity with the governing regulations.
- Support and coordinate all aspects related to the aircraft cabin safety management, liaising with representatives from ground operations, flight operations, inflight services and technical departments, ensuring the safety and compliance is fully achieved in alignment with the business’ needs.
- Conduct quality checks through an annual program, reporting and reviewing the results with SMT, ensuring the standardization and quality is enhanced and maintained.
- Ensure processes are clearly documented and available to all training personnel and crew scheduling team, promoting compliant planning and delivery of training and communication of all activity to the parties involved.
- Ensure crew ground training team has the knowledge, skills, motivation and “can-do” attitude to perform to consistently high standard.
- Set up staff development plans based on regularly conducted appraisals and provide training and coaching accordingly.
- Create annual Cabin Safety, First Aid and Security Training Plan and evaluate the success of individual training courses and overall program efficiency based on QCAR requirements
- Provide as far as possible latest industry standard training facilities in the classroom, on board the aircraft, in mock up’s etc.
- Ensure highest standard of training which corresponds with QCAA requirements and the relevant part of the operations manual.
- Identify course aims and objectives and provide practical training internally and at outsourced training units.
- Conduct mandatory safety and emergency procedures training for crew members in accordance with the approved syllabus.
- Manage all administrative functions associated with managing a team such as leave, sickness, disciplinary and non-performance matters, recruitment and development of new staff, work load management across the team and overall team delivery.
- Perform task requiring independent knowledge and application to variety of situations including medical cases, voyage reports and air safety reports.
- Conduct phase testing followed by controlled written and practical examinations.
- Conduct checks on aircraft and training centre Safety and First Aid equipment.
- Manage delivery of Cabin Safety and First Aid Training programs and conduct a training needs analysis as required in order to further enhance training programs by: Analyzing occurrences trends and medical issues on-board, Reviewing and revising First Aid training content, Preparing First aid policies and procedures.
- Conduct cabin crew briefing checks and report any discrepancies in crew competency.
- Be contactable 24/7 for operational queries and assistance.
- Maintain and update all crew training records and training manuals as required.
- Assess, monitor, coach and provide individual Cabin crew in the classroom with performance related feedback. Inform relevant department heads accordingly.
- As required and/ or assigned by SMT, work on other projects to support functional and organizational change.
- Continually and pro-actively seek new ways of working to improve overall departmental performance. Recommend solutions for performance issues based on occurrence investigations and highlight potential areas of development that would require a review of the training provided to crew.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification /Diploma or Equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on Role) with Minimum 7 years of job-related experience or Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 6 years of job-related experience.
- Experience in supervisory position for Cabin Safety Procedures and Training.
- Experience as an instructor in Cabin Safety Procedures or First Aid.
- Experience in the management and functioning of Audit and Quality Database.
- Possess a working knowledge of Qatar Airways Security standards and industry operation best practices.
- Experience in the management and functioning of Safety Management Systems (SMS) or equivalent experience.
- Experience in implementation of e-learning solutions and / or new technologies or equivalent experience.
- Possess working knowledge of Qatar Airways Cabin Safety standards and safe operation practices.
- Excellent inter-personal skills such as empathy, understanding personalities and ability to work cooperatively as part of a group or team. Influential components are cultural awareness, conversational language and non-verbal communication.
- Command of English language.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
Lead Quality Assurance Officer
- @ Qatar Airways
- Doha, Qatar
Manager Training & Development
- @ Qatar Airways
- Doha, Qatar