About the job
The official is responsible to monitor and supervise the end to end processing of financial transactions and documents related to Cheque Clearing, Collection, Remittances, Salaries Processing, Standing Orders and Financial postings etc. Ensure the processing is in accordance with the laid down policies/procedures and executed within the agreed TAT and Cut-off times. Exploit team management concepts to maximise individual productivity and enhance Unit’s performance. Customize work process, re-engineer standard process flows to optimize resource utilization, eliminate redundant steps/bottle necks, implement steps to reduce errors/reworks and provide a high standard of service satisfaction to customers.
Key Result Areas
- Scrutinize and manage timely processing of Cheques, Remittances, SOs, Salaries, Collections, Voucher Postings etc.
- Ensure all policies, rules and regulations, guidelines and practices are complied with before authorizing or releasing the payments.
- Ensure compliance/AML regulatory requirements are adhered while checking/crediting the transactions.
- Contact correspondent banks/Branches//Relationship Managers/Branches/other Business Partners and seek clarification or obtain approval of transactions before processing.
- Provide day to day consultation to Branches/Internal Customers/FID/ Branches/various Departments/Units in HO with respect to In and Out Remittances, Vostro/Nostro operations, Cheque Clearing/Collection, SOs, Salaries processing in accordance with international practices/OPM/SOPs/APPM/Compliance/Anti-Money Laundering and Local rules and regulations.
- Provide figures of drawings (various currencies) to TOC to enable them arrange funds in our A/c with Correspondent Banks to avoid any overdraft compensation.
- Suggest review/alignment in operating procedure wherever required to simplify work flows and to ensure that they are workable (practicable), standardized, cost effective and cover Bank risks adequately.
- Intervene and resolve customer queries/complaints of critical nature in order to maximise their satisfaction.
- Capture statistics to determine root cause and fix the gaps in order to maximise productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Implementation of staff training plan to develop their skills and competence in order to perform assigned task accurately as well as efficiently and facilitate their career growth.
- Involve in resolving system related issues which stopping day to day processes/activities.
- Ensure checking of various daily reports/statements/statistics and corrective/preventive actions are taken.
- Take initiative to achieve business objectives for self and help/support colleagues in achieving theirs.
- Ensure exceptions are recorded and reported in a timely manner.
- Ensure checking of EJ/Online reports with voucher promptly after posting of transactions with due diligence and covering all significant data
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- Graduate with thorough and in depth knowledge of Remittances, Cheques and operations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of general banking activities, Local and International practices.
- Conversant with operating systems, Financial, SWIFT, Mosaic and Dohasys.
- Full awareness about Compliance/AML/Regulatory requirements.
- Strong inter-personal, problem solving, communication, analytical skills.
- 5-10 years bank operations experience out of which minimum 3-5 years at officer level.
Cost Control Engineer
- @ Parsons Corporation
- Doha, Qatar
Senior Associate – FS External Audit
- @ PwC
- Doha, Qatar