About the job
About The Role
As a Lead Business Analyst, you will be responsible for short and long-term planning and analysis functions within Crew Resources. You will bring insight to the management through the creative and impactful use of business data. You will measure and articulate the performance of crew against KPIs to key stakeholders. Analysis, trend monitoring, budget preparation and performance reporting are important aspects of the role.
Other Key Responsibilities Are
- Act as subject matter expert for Crew Resources providing key inputs with respect to reports and/or data analysis in support of core organizational functions and business processes.
- Support the department by providing quantitative analysis, business process re-engineering, and advanced analytical solutions for complex business problems to enhance productivity, improve operations, and drive sustained business performance.
- Perform operational data analysis related to but not limited to standby distribution, crew sickness, crew productivity, crew attrition in order to produce performance related metrics.
- Create and present dashboards on operational data and generate key performance indicators of Crew Resources to assist management with monitoring performance and making informed decisions.
- Build and maintain optimized-based decision support models, simulation models, and statistical and machine-learning models that improve business outcomes, streamline business processes, promote operational efficiencies, aid evaluation of trade-offs, and ultimately contribute to improved operational robustness.
- Research current practices and industry trends to generate options for continuous improvement and help the business unit with implementation.
- Benchmark QR against other competitive carriers on crew resource related metrics and lead benchmarking studies in relation but not limited to Standby, Attrition, Productivity, comparing Qatar Airways to other leading global airlines with the aim of maintaining high standards.
An Ideal Candidate Must Possess The Following Requirements
- A minimum qualification of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent is essential.
- 5+ years of job-related experience
- Mathematics, Operational Research, Engineering or relevant field of study
- Understanding of Resource Planning concepts
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience in Performance Management
Job Specific Skills:
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Highly developed planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment, strong interpersonal skills, friendly & professional demeanour
- Strong presentation skills working with small and large group audiences
- Abstract reasoning and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Intermediate / Advanced level of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) skills
- Strong attention to detail, organization and time management skills
- Self-starter having a positive attitude and strong desire for success
- Ability to foster teamwork among team members
- Knowledge of programming languages
- Understanding of Crew Resource planning processes, theories and methodologies
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools
- Gasp of commercial impacts and financial / budgetary work
- Strong business case writing skills
Senior Commercial Manager
- @ Mace
- Doha, Qatar