About the job
About the role
Qatar Airways Group celebrates its 25th anniversary this year, leading the international passenger and cargo networks. As a multiple award- winning airline, we are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our growing multinational Internal Audit Team in Doha as a Manager Data Science.
The role will be responsible to drive the data science strategy for Internal Audit Department and deliver all data science related requirements for Internal Audit projects and fraud investigations.
Some of the tasks include:
- Use a combined knowledge of computer science and applications, modelling, statistics, analytics and math to propose and implement solutions and strategies that will enhance Internal Audit’s data and analytics capabilities.
- Lead the data analysis and modelling processes of large amounts of complex, structured and unstructured data using various sources, to identify trends and patterns as part of the audit projects.
- Translate technical findings and present data to non-technical stakeholders with the aid of data visualization tools.
- Design and develop automated reporting to enhance Internal Audit processes.
- Oversee and supervise employees, direct daily activities, train and develop to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics of the relevant discipline, with at least 8 years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in the architecture and management of data warehouses and all types of databases, such as but not limited to centralized, distributed, relational and cloud databases.
- Strong experience in database operations over MySQL, Postgre SQL, Oracle and DB2 software.
- Proficiency in data visualization tools such as Tableau, Alteryx, ACL, PowerBI or similar analytical tools.
- Good development and coding skills in Python, Java, Perl, or C/C ++
- Professional certification in Data Analysis is a plus.
- Proven experience in driving data science and business intelligence.
- Ability to foster a culture of data-driven decision making.
- Strong analytical, communication, strategic planning and problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.