About the job
About The Role
As a Lead Public Relations Officer, you will be responsible for Proofreading and editing promotional documents including press releases, annual reports, and promotional materials, and planning and putting into place, information and communication plans that present the airline externally and internally in a positive light. In addition to that, you will be responsible for ensuring good communication flow within the company by working closely with the commercial team and local media.
- Identify and explore story ideas, and picture opportunities and maximize PR benefits within the QR group.
- Leverage Qatar Airways news through a media relations plan and work closely with relevant stakeholders.
- Manage and implement Qatar Airways’ corporate communications plan and work closely with relevant stakeholders such as the commercial team, Government and Semi-Government entities, and Ministries.
- Responsible for Proofreading and editing promotional documents including press releases, annual reports, and promotional materials.
- Review newspapers and send local media coverage highlighting QR news and industry key stories for management.
- Assist in sending out press releases through the company’s IT platforms and handling media relations.
- Protecting the company’s image and reacting immediately in the case of negative public perception in the media or elsewhere.
- Gathering and updating corporate information and news for the media and other stakeholders.
- Support the Corporate Communications team with writing press releases, speeches, and editorials and supervise the distribution of press information to the right channels (not just media, but other bodies mentioned above).
- Work within a crisis environment assisting with the organization of Press conferences and/or family assistance/reception centers in the event of a crisis.
- An ideal candidate will have a minimum College or University Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 05 years of job-related experience.
- Experience in public relations, journalism, or related experience.
Job Specific Skills
- Executive Communications experience
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to write accurate copy to tight deadlines
- Experience in event-related PR activity
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Manage tasks at hand efficiently and quickly.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work under pressure