About the job
The role of the Property Evaluation Manager is to manage the process of valuation of collateral provided against credit facilities based on valuations provided by external values after making a visit to the property where it is required as per Bank’s policy and handle the IVF system for evaluation. The role also includes management of preparation of reports for Real Estate Advisory Services, debt asset swap due diligence reports and providing opinion on valuation obtained for bank’s own property portfolios
- Management and monitoring of a centralized real estate property valuation process within the Bank.
- Receive and handle all requests for valuation of properties within the Bank. The function shall liaise with the appropriate external property appraiser to conduct the valuation and provide results to the requesting department.
- Carry out initial assessment of property evaluation reports and highlight any concerns
- Carry out desk evaluations for property value and rent estimation
- Scrutinize the valuation reports and determine its reasonability and advise about the necessary actions in order to protect the Bank’s interest regarding securities against lending.
- Maintain proper filing / IVF system of the documents related to Evaluation process.
- Visit site of the property subject to evaluation as per requirement of the Bank and prepare summary visit report.
- Interact with RERU for assessing the valuation of under-construction properties.
- Assist the unit head to carry out a detailed market analysis for the preparation of quarterly market appetite reports.
- Preparation of Initial Due Diligence reports for debt asset swap cases.
- Provide opinion on valuation related to Bank’s proprietary property portfolio.
- Preparation of REAS Summary Reports.
- Carry out process for the appointment of External Evaluators and monitor their compliance with agreed conditions.
- Management of suspense account for disbursement of evaluator fees and reconciliation.
- Management of Property Database, implement changes and develop further for beneficial use for Business and Credit Risk.
- Assist the Head of PAVU in the newly formed Real Estate Advisory services role and assist with debt asset swap cases.
- Assist with the implementation of Audit compliance and manage the Audit process in conjunction with Head of PAVU.
- Chartered Members of RICS (MRICS) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- PMP certificate or M.Sc. in Project Management or MBA is preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in the area of real estate evaluation with some exposure to construction and real estate financing.
Knowledge, & Other skills:
- Knowledge of Real Estate and Construction finance transactions and property evaluation techniques and market analysis risk analysis
- Good knowledge and experience in the evaluation of different types of properties (residential, commercial, hotel, Malls, leased properties, etc.)
- Good knowledge and experience in real Estate financing with an expert understanding of the impact of business and economic cycles on their valuation.
- Fair understanding of the banking sector in Qatar or the GCC region.
- Ability to challenge evaluators on their valuation reports provided by them to the bank.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively.