About the job
The Software Development Team Lead will provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship to a team of Software development professionals who apply the following development technologies: .NET C# Web Development, jQuery, Angular, Web APIs, Native Android, Native iOS & Flutter.
Duties & Responsibilities
Key Job Responsibilities
- Lead team in the development of new products, solutions, and processes.
- Maintains a high level of business and technical expertise.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Organizes, plans, and prioritizes the work of Software developers and oversees project resource allocation.
- Establishes realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines.
- Strives to improve efficiency and sustainability of processes and product designs, and to reduce inefficiencies and waste.
- Analyzes business and functional requirements & creates the solution architecture and system design documents to meet the objectives.
- Execute software development in accordance with processes defined by the Company Control Procedures with guidance from the IT HOD/EPMO/CTO.
- Improves testing frameworks and test infrastructure & assures high quality of deliverables and services rendered.
- Supports & drives the team on any technical issues and troubleshooting.
- Liaising with team members, management, and clients to ensure projects are completed to standard.
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and developments.
- Mentors and supports team members in their continuous growth and career development.
- Ensures to develop systems and tools by producing clean, efficient code that is easy to maintain and change.
- Find creative ways to develop products that can be marketed and sold as the company’s own unique product to as many clients as possible.
- Manages both in-house and remote Software Developers to deliver projects on time with high quality.
- Monitors team performance and reports on metrics & KPIs.
- Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments.
- Reports progress and status of the Software development projects.
- Perform Pre-Sale activities on behalf of the IT department as required.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent.
- Having a minimum experience of 5 years in Software Development and at least +1 year experience as a Software Development Team Lead.
Skill sets that are a must-have for this role:
- Proficiency in C# ASP.NET MVC, .NET Core, Entity Framework (Code First), RESTful Web API, HTML5, CSS3 & jQuery
- High experience in SQL Database, Stored Procedures & Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience in Angular framework
- Experience in debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Experience in IIS Web Applications Deployment
- Experience in Git Source Control
- Attention to detail to deliver error-free & clean code
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Ability to lead and engage with both .NET Full-Stack web developers, mobile app developers (Android/iOS/Flutter) and Quality Assurance engineers
- Experience with the full software development cycle
- Experience in Agile methodology including Kanban (experience at SCRUM Master position preferred)
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizing and communication skills
- Curious and continuously seeking to learn new skills and techniques that can improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department