About the job
A Revenue Manager supports the Director of Revenue to manage the hotel sales and marketing plans by recommending growth efforts, monitoring progress, and ensuring that the hotel is competitively positioned within the local marketplace.
What will I be doing?
As Revenue Manager, you are responsible for analyzing and presenting financial data that will help the Director of Revenue, the Sales and Senior executive teams to make well-informed decisions about potential new business and the market, in general.
- Assist the Director of Revenue to manage inventory for the Hotel to maximize revenue in all areas.
- Execute pricing and restriction changes, manage rate and inventory availability in line with revenue management strategies
- Regularly check distribution channels for hotel positioning, information accuracy and competitor positioning for the hotel.
- Effectively use systems to determine, implement, manage and control accurately
- Assist to set and effectively communicate the hotel pricing strategy by market segment with reference to market intelligence, buying patterns and pre-determined seasonality.
- Provide data to the team for the purpose of analysing and evaluating specific business segments, specific accounts, market segment mix, room type demand, channel production and geographical mix, recognizing trends and patterns.
- Actively participate in design of new packages to ensure fences and restrictions are effectively reflected.
- Assist in development of forecasts and budgets.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly reporting responsibilities.
- Assist to lead the Team through day-to-day operations from revenue perspective, as well as strategically support the reservations department to achieve Team and organisational goals
- When needed, assist Reservations Team in daily operation by taking calls, replying emails.
- Ensure yield exemptions are investigated and analysed and new business opportunities are identified
- Gather and analyse statistics, yield information and all other relevant information in order to identify potential new business, markets and trends, and to minimise risk
- Maintain on a daily basis by monitoring actual results versus forecast for plan achievement as per the three-month market segment outlook
- Contributes to completing and analysing month-end reports
- Outline risks and opportunities relative to meeting rooms versus Guest room availability to present at weekly meetings
- Record and analyse all refused, lost, cancelled and waitlisted business for both Guest rooms and Conference and Banquet (Conference and Banquet) meeting space
- Ensure effective information gathering and analysis is conducted in order to identify and maximise on all possible opportunities and minimise any risks
- Ensure Team Members have current knowledge for all relevant processes, policies and promotions, as necessary, to perform their duties
What are we looking for?
A Revenue Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- High energy, positive attitude and always gives maximum effort.
- Excellent presentation and proactive communication skills in both verbal and written in English
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, & PowerPoint.
- High flexibility and ability to work under pressure and under own initiative
- Flexible and able to embrace change effectively and positively
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Is well informed about all aspects of the job and has a minimum of one-year experience in a 5-star hotel revenue or reservations department’s leading role
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of local market
- Knowledge of hotel reservations and revenue systems
- Experience with hotel revenue best practices
- Passion for sales and for achieving targets and objectives
- Degree level qualification in a relevant field