About the job
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Civil / Structural Bridge Design Engineer to join our team! In this role you will get to design various types of structures including bridges, tunnels, underpasses, retaining walls, car parks, and public infrastructure-related buildings/structures.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Detailed structural design of bridges, tunnels, underpasses, retaining walls, car parks, and public infrastructure-related buildings/structures.
- Produce design drawings, calculations reports and specifications.
- Communicate with other technical disciplines to produce well-coordinated design to ensure satisfaction of functionality and serviceability requirements and clash-free configurations.
- Track the progress of the assigned design and report to the Design Manager and Project Managers of the status and any issues that may arise during the design development.
- Support other engineering activities as required by the Lead engineer.
- Supervise younger engineers and CAD team as per project task assigned.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Be self-motivated and require minor supervision on committed tasks.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Structural Engineering and 5+ years of related work experience. Work experience must be related to HANDS-ON DESIGN of structures.
- Intimate knowledge of the following software:
- Midas Civil
- CSi Bridge
- Structural Bridge Design (Auto Desk)
- Bentley RAM connections/elements
- Intimate knowledge of following design codes
- Ashghal IAN009 and other structural design related Interim Advice Notes
- British Standards
- AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications
- Business-level English language skills sufficient to produce written reports with organized structure and minimal need for grammatical corrections, and to hold articulate verbal communications.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring:
- Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering is highly preferred.
- Possession of internationally recognized engineering licenses such as PE, SE, and CEng is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with Revit software
- Fluent English speaking and writing skills
WHP Offshore Painting Superintendent
- @ Brunel
- Doha, Qatar