About the job
You will be responsible for managing compliance under Direct Taxes, Indirect Taxes, Corporate Laws and Transfer Pricing regulations for the entire network for Qatar Airways, including international tax planning and compliance in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Oversee tax and corporate operational compliances across QR network through robust planning and monitoring of compliance activities.
- Responsible for overall planning and delivery of QR tax compliance in the State of Qatar.
- Responsible for legally minimizing operational tax liabilities through the informed application of tax laws and regulations across QR network.
- Support the Tax Strategy & Planning team on potential tax opportunities/positions for further research and risk assessment.
- Establish appropriate processes and systems to ensure efficient and effective management of tax operations.
- Provide internal advisory services and support on operational matters pertaining to tax and corporate compliance across the Group.
- Maintain up-to-date tax and compliance-ready reckoner for HO and outstations to simplify understanding of relevant tax regulations and associated compliance risks.
- Influence all stakeholders through effective consultation and collaboration to meet compliance requirements across the QR network.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with a minimum of 6 years of job-related experience OR Diploma with a minimum of 7 years of job-related experience.
- Professional accounting certificates such as CA/ICWA/CS/ACCA.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in Big4 or large corporations with international tax exposure.
- Airline experience is preferred.
- Sound understanding of tax principles governing compliance of Direct Taxes and Indirect Tax Laws.
- Ability to correctly interpret the provisions of tax laws to comply with the provision of law.
- Understanding of provisions relating to the computation of taxable income, assessment and appeal procedure.
- Experience in attending and executing Income Tax/Sales Tax/Service Tax assessments until conclusions.
- Understanding of DTAA’s is a must to ensure the effective utilization of tax reliefs granted as per DTAA’s.
- Knowledge of Transfer Pricing regulations shall be added advantage.