About the job
Brunel is a global provider of flexible workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics (global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup) and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally.
Brunel is now present in 40+ countries with over 12,000+ specialists, 120+ offices worldwide, and close to €1 billion (Revenue 2021).
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of Health, Safety and Environment Management procedures
- Strong understanding of Quality, Health, Safety and Environment management systems and safety rules
- Ability to operate the wide range of plant from the Control Room as well as being able toanalyze complex problems
- Ability to demonstrate understanding and application of Operating Instructions and Procedures relating to the duties of a Control Room Operator
- Demonstrate a practical understanding associated to the operating principle of Gas Turbine, Steam turbine, HRSG, Desalination and a wide range of auxiliary plant.
- Responsibility for making accurate and timely decisions on matters affecting plant processes and performance.
- Start-up and shutdown of plant to current operating procedures
- Conduct routine operating and testing procedures in accordance with Operating Instructions.
- Assists in developing Procedures and logs/records to track operating and maintenance history of all plant equipment. Maintains and reviews such records and reports the findings as required;
- Anticipating and responding effectively to varying operational demands and modes of operation.
- Carries out predictive troubleshooting by monitoring performance parameters, reviewing datatrends and the overall integrated performance of the plant
- Diagnosis of plant faults and capable to respond in a safe and correct manner.
- Ability to control incidents in a range of situations
- Monitoring plant performance to ensure efficient operation of the plant to deliver high levels of commercial availability within environment limits
- Practical knowledge of power plant electrical systems and electrical protection systems
- Isolates and prepares equipment for safe work, including issuing Safe Work Permits
- Ability to conduct system pre start checks and return plant safely to the system
- Commercial awareness of PWPA and other contracts
- Communication and cooperation between the Maintenance and Operation teams
- Commercial awareness of PWPA and other commercial agreements
- Good command of the English language
- An engineering-related education to diploma level.
- Desirable Qualifications and experience:
- Having knowledge and exposure to modern process operations.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Fire fighting.
- First –Aid