About the job
The role holder proactively manages contract renewal, amendment and termination by liaising with relevant stakeholders within QNB for timely approval and action, considering key issues such as but not limited to IPR (intellectual property rights), Withholding tax, confidentiality, liability VAT and other related matters in the context of QNB policies and procedures.
Manage and maintain all procurement contracts systematically in QNB contract management system as well other manual and shared systems, ensuring key contract information is updated and available for use by members of the team.
- Prepare contract drafts in conjunction with relevant stakeholders, sourcing team members and suppliers.
- Prepare contract for internal review and approval and ensure compliance with QNB policies, ensure all contracts under management are signed off in line with QNB
- Liaise and coordinate with the relevant stakeholders to manage all contracts, MSA (master services agreements), amendments and variations.
- Act as the focal point for supplier and stakeholders’ queries on the status of contract creation, renewal and termination.
- Act as a focal point of contact with Legal in contractual matters and monitor contract compliance with established procedures.
- Facilitate contractor meetings to review contractual terms and conditions involving group legal as and when required
- Proactively alert the Sourcing team members and end users in advance regarding contract status, date of expiry of current contracts in order for timely action to be taken such as termination or renewal of contracts to ensure that services are not disrupted.
- Renew the contracts by liaising with the relevant stakeholders to obtain necessary approvals, in line with QNB contract signing matrix
- Manage the terminations of contracts, issue the notices to the suppliers where the agreement / contract is not renewed and update the relevant contract management systems to reflect such changes.
- Liaise with legal departments for any issues related to contracts including obtain approval on vendor terms.
- Work closely alongside operations team to ensure existing blanket purchase agreements with i-procurement catalogues are kept up to date.
- Manage the approved contract templates ensuring correct templates are in place,, liaise with relevant departments in QNB to ensure any changes to templates are disseminated to the contract master
- Monitor and track insurance requirements and any other correspondence in relation to established contracts and those in progress.
- Recommend improvements and changes to enhance the contracting process / terms and conditions, modifications to automated systems by keeping abreast of market trends.
- Maintain activities in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with internal departments/units to achieve improvements in turn-around time.
- Build and maintain strong/effective relationships with related departments/units to achieve the Group’s objectives.
- Provide timely/accurate data to external/internal Auditors, Compliance, Financial Control and Risk when required.
- University graduate preferably with a Major in the related field of study, professional accreditation related to the function is an asset.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience, preferably within a highly rated international bank.
- Experience in Contract management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including report writing) in English and Arabic.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Understanding of the relevant laws, regulations, and practices.
- Ability to make decisions and follow through with initiatives.
- Personal integrity and self-management
- Negotiation skills and commercial sense