About the job
What you will do
- Ensure that the hotel’s standards of cleanliness, hygiene, security and presentation are in maintained all assigned rooms.
- Perform cleaning duties in guest apartments in accordance with the status or the guest’s stay.
- Inspect and clean all facilities, furniture and fixtures, and report any damage to the Housekeeping Supervisor, Executive Housekeeper or Housekeeping coordinator, for action and follow up.
- Attend to guests’ requests and queries courteously and promptly in the course of performing duties.
- Complete all information on the Allocation Sheet for all assigned rooms, marking status, linen replaced and special requests.
- Complete the Allocation sheet with the time commenced servicing the room, any running that is required, times that DND signs were placed on the door and record any maintanance issues.
- Report to the Housekeeping Supervisor any unusual incidents, complaints, unauthorised persons in rooms, missing or damaged hotel property, and lost and found items.
- Clean, tidy and vacuum the housekeeping pantries, ensure pantry doors are kept locked at all times and lights out when not in use.
- Stack all stocks neatly in the pantry.
- Sign out, sign in, and restock correctly the cleaning bucket. Maintain in good working order all equipment allocated for cleaning on a daily basis.
- Vacuum guest floor corridors as assigned and keep then clean throughout the day including dusting, spot marking and polishing.
- Maintain the vacuum cleaners in good working condition with each vacuum cleaner to be returned daily fully cleaned and in working order. All breakges to be reported to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Maintain maximum security of guest information on work sheets by keeping inside the guest room at all times and by not opening any room door for either guests or employees.
- Notify to the Housekeeping Coordinator all DND rooms by 14.00 hrs. every day.
- Report any lost Master Keys to the Housekeeping Supervisor immediately.
- Use the chemicals provided in accordance with the Material Data Sheets provided.
- Carry out any additional duties as requested by the Manager or Supervisor.
Use and/or wear protective equipment where recommended.
- Communicate effectively with all other departments
- Ability to work a flexible roster
- Attend meetings, training sessions and any other required meeting or training session.
- Identify opportunities to innovate service delivery and product offering to meet and exceed client expectations.
- Ensure safe work practices are adopted at all time and report any OHS concerns immediately to your direct manager or HR Manager.
- Consistently achieve in accordance with hotel standards and as directed by your supervisor and/or manager.
- Consistently meets productivity targets.
- Guest satisfaction ratings
- Personal presentation
- Presentation and cleanliness of pantry and store room.
- Ability to speak and understand English.
- Able to read and write English
- Minimum 2 years of Housekeeping Experience in a 4-5 Star Hotel
- Between 22 to 30 years of Age
- Good understanding of correct manual handling techniques
- Understanding of safe use of cleaning chemicals and personal protective equipment.
- ‘Can do’ attitude and a high level of energy
- Professionally groomed
- Able to work well independently
- Should be sturdy and medically fit.