About the job
About the role:
Hamad International Airport is looking for Aeronautical Manager to grow airport’s route network and passenger numbers. The incumbent builds relationships with key airline representatives to maximize traffic growth and aeronautical revenues by developing new and existing markets. Your relevant experience will include aviation strategy, air services development and aviation marketing. Through the execution of Hamad International Airport’s Air Services Development strategy the objective is to further enhance the connectivity of the airport.
- Develop and implement strategies to expand Hamad International Airport route network and grow passenger numbers
- Build relationships with key airline representatives and tourism industry experts to enhance aviation connectivity
- Benchmark and proactively identify business opportunities to maximize traffic growth and aeronautical revenue.
- Demonstrate the ability to read, interpret and present traffic data, including passenger forecast and yield analysis in the development of business cases. Use BI tools, e.g. Beontra, to extract data for business case development
- Proactively manage Airline Relations to promote increased traffic levels for Hamad International Airport, including conducting meetings with airline customers and attending industry specific events
- Manage commercial contracts with airlines for agreed services and aero billing purposes.
- Actively contribute to promoting Qatar as a tourist destination for improved connectivity.
- Leading a small but efficient team of air services development experts and reporting to Senior Manager Commercial.
- Set up and monitor the commercial budgets for HIA and ensure that there is monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of performance against targets.
- Manage the preparation of revenue budgets/forecasts to support HIA business plan and strategy.
- Set up the revenue plans for HIA. Set up aeronautical revenue arrangements with airlines and ancillary aeronautical services in accordance with QCAA and ICAO rules.
- Ensure that aeronautical revenues for HIA are maximised in accordance with HIA business strategy.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as Marketing, Aviation Marketing, Commerce, Tourism or Economics.
- Similar role 7 years as a consultant for airport/airlines.
- Relevant airport / aviation or tourism industry experience.
- Proven track record in setting up commercial terms and pricing strategies.
- Experience leading a business unit.
- Network within the global air services development domain.
- Network planning experience with an ability to understand components impacting to route profitability.
- Airline Route marketing / Aviation marketing experience.