About the job
About the role:
As a Senior Aerodrome & Route Studies Officer you will be responsible for performing route and aerodrome analysis to support scheduled QR Network operations, strategic airspace planning, New Fleet/New Network Destination planning, and ad-hoc charter requests.
Specific responsibilities for the role include:
- Undertake route expansion / new destination analysis including but not limited to analysis of aerodrome and route data, provision of recommendations to stakeholders in terms of payload, routing and block times across various fleet types.
- Analyze company route network data for accuracy of block times and payload availability and liaise with corporate planning and operations control when variances are identified to coordinate.
- Based upon statistical data, develop initiatives, and implement revised process to improve planning inefficiencies through pre and post flight analysis and provide detailed analysis for reports on Aerodrome and Route Analysis activities for senior management.
- Contribute to Collaborative Decision Making (CDM) programs with the airport authorities and ensure Fleet Offices, Flight Dispatch, Operations Engineering and Operations Control Centre involvement as necessary.
- Manage content of the Qatar Airways Operations Manual Part C, ensuring data quality.
- Perform other departmental duties related to the position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Establish relationships with internal stakeholders to identify requirements for route studies and aerodrome analysis.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor’s level
- Holder of Flight dispatch license or equivalent certificate.
- Minimum 5 years working experience with Airline Flight Operations environment related to Route and Aerodrome Analysis activities.
- Previous experience in developing technical manuals.
- Previous experience in participating in technical visits/audits to aerodromes.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding in the field of Aerodrome and Route analysis subjects, Operational Manual Part C, Risk Assessment, Aeronautical Information Publications (AIP) and the use of computerized flight planning software, preferable Lido OC.
- Knowledge of ICAO documents as Annex 6 Part I, Annex 14, E-OPS and Qatar Civil Aviation Regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of dispatch practices, airport operational requirements, AIS publications (AIP and NOTAM), aircraft performance.
- Computer literature, knowledge of Standard IT products, Microsoft Office.