About the job
- Identifying organizational need for new applications
- Preparing technical specification as a roadmap for software
- Implementing, testing and integrating new applications
- Performing routine application backups and upgrades
- Installing new applications upgrade and releases
- Providing instructions and training to staff when necessary
- Monitoring, recoding and responding to requests for support
- Investigating and diagnosing system faults and errors
- Resolving technical issues
- Analyzing error trends aimed at reducing/minimizing down time
- Communicating messages regarding application issues to users in a timely manner
- Liaising with application suppliers when needed to fulfil the requirements of the organization
- Scheduling and running regular tests to enhance the current application.
- Identifying and developing functionality changes
- Maintaining documentation of key databases and applications linked to them.
- Perform lead/supervisor duties as and when assigned.
- Analysis/options or feasibility research of needs and possible solutions.
- Visually map solutions and present in an easy-to-understand manner to get a decision.
- Identify technology and/or business requirements.
- Gather, document and update business requirements.
- Complete detailed workflow process mapping.
- Develop testing strategies and execute test plan to mitigate deployment risk.
Qualification/ Education :
- BS in Computers Science or related subject
- Knowledge of SQL, SAS Visual Analytics, SSRS, or other reporting technology
- Exposure to and understanding of work structure/operations.
- Overall 10+ years of experience; Minimum of 5 years experience in following areas:
- Administration, monitoring and maintenance of software infrastructures and applications.
- Oversee practices and processes to ensure integrity, safety and availability of all data and applications as part of organizations information systems.
- Ensure that the processes needed for a business to function and succeed are running smoothly.
- Technical point of contact to fix application and systems issues, usually on an immediate basis.