About the job
Responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining data warehouse architecture to meet an enterprise’s business analysis and reporting needs. It also involves designing, developing, and supporting new and current ETL processes employing industry standards and best practices to enhance the loading of data from and into different source/ target systems. Provide support to the organization’s business requirements in the application and consumption of information from the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) or from other suitable source systems.
Manager – Technical Support
• Manager – Technical Support, Business Support
• IT Pillar or BU company level
• Corporate/Business Functions
• Others Departments
• To advise the Manager – Technical Support on the progress of all work under his/her control
• To collect business requirements for shared applications
• To ensure all security activities comply with corporate policies and procedures
• To manage daily core application support requests
• External IT Service Providers
• To provide support in the design, testing and evaluation of analytical reports/dashboard/data warehousing.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Plan, create, coordinate, and deploy data warehouses
• Create best practices for data loading and extraction. Develop data architecture, data modeling, and ETFL mapping solutions within a structured data warehouse environment
• Facilitate requirements gathering using expert listening skills and develop unique simple solutions to meet the immediate and long-term needs of business customers
• Design and build cubes while performing custom scripts
• Develop and implement ETL routines according to the DWH design and architecture
• Support the development and validation required through the lifecycle of the DWH and Business Intelligence systems, maintain user connectivity, and provide adequate security for the data warehouse
• Monitor the DWH and BI systems performance and integrity and provide corrective and preventative maintenance as required
• Liaise extensively with external or internal customers, analyzing customers’ existing systems and business models
• Document proposed changes to the requirements and solution to enable impact analysis and revised business case, specifications, budgets, timescales and plans to be prepared and authorized.
• Develop the processes necessary to efficiently operate the proposed solution including user guides, manuals, training materials and implementation and data conversion aids.
• Raising Service Requests with Application Support/SI for different issues and following up till resolution
• Demonstrate application functionality, solicit feedback and ensure that project sponsor requirements are met. Work with business and IT staff to enable thorough testing and successful implementation of the solution
• Analyze testing results to ensure the solution meets the needs of the business
• Meet regularly with internal team to update them on work statuses and deliverable and discuss work progress and obstacles and enable thorough testing and successful implementation of the solution
• Liaise with other IT staff such as Technical Support and Application Service Delivery to produce new systems
• Configure users access rights to applications according to Milaha’s Policies and Procedures for Applications Access
• Consolidate and optimize available data warehouse infrastructure
• Conceive analytics and business intelligence platform architecture for clients, including internal and third-party clients
• Design and implement ETL procedures for intake of data from both internal and outside sources; as well as ensure data is verified and quality is checked
• Design and implement ETL processes and data architecture to ensure proper functioning of analytics lad, as well as client’s or third-party’s reporting environments and dashboard
• Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders in ensuring data warehouse architecture development and utilization
• Perform the design and extension of data marts, meta data, and data models
• Ensure all data warehouse architecture codes are maintained in a version control system.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Education & Professional Qualification:
University degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management, or a related field.
Related Certifications are desirable.
• At least 8 years of relevant professional experience, which includes several or all the following areas: Data warehousing, ETL development, Business Intelligence, data analytics, data visualization and data communication.
• At least 5 years of experience performing data warehouse architecture development and management
• Knowledge of programming languages like SQL, Python, R, and Scala.
• Expertise with ETL tools such ODI or SSIS
• Expertise with Data Warehouse using Oracle or Microsoft DB
• Expertise in Data integration/transformation using ODI or SSIS
• Substantial hands-on experience working with at least two of the following software solutions: Oracle HCM Cloud Service, Oracle Financials Cloud Service, and Oracle EPM Cloud Service.
Fluent with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; experienced with MS Projects and SQL.