About the job
The Enterprise Solution Architect provides direction, guidance, and definition of the enterprise IT solutions architecture for Milaha in support of the business strategy. The ESA is responsible for creating and documenting the current and future state architectures, standards, and strategies for the technology team through a deep understanding of the underlying enterprise business drivers. The Enterprise Solution Architect is also responsible for working with both business and technology stakeholders on defining the architecture and high level design on important and complex projects and programs. The Enterprise Solution Architect analyzes technologies and strategies of the competitive landscape to determine potential impacts and trends. Use this information to inform the enterprise and respond with recommendations to senior leadership when necessary.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver strategic business and technology roadmaps, across various domains, to enhance the operational efficiency and provide visionary guidance for business and technology portfolios.
- Understanding of key IT trends, leading discussions regarding applicability of new technology as well as incorporating it into the overall development and delivery of the IT strategy, architecture and roadmaps
- Champions and leads the Architectural Governance process to establish architectural standards
- Lead the architecture and solution design aspects of engagement(s) with external vendor ensuring high quality and integrated cross-domain business solutions.
- Provide assessment of current state architecture and recommendation of future state architecture.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of IAAS, PAAS, SAAS and ability to recommend platform based on application needs
- Drive solution innovation by proactively identifying solution creation opportunities based on understanding of domain and technology trends
- Participate in day-to-day management of cross-functional team on architecture engagements including coaching, providing constructive feedback and performance development.
- Lead the development of digital and customer strategies, proposed operating models, strategic roadmaps and robust business cases in support of the Management agenda for achieving business efficiency and disruption in Milaha’s business pillars
- Demonstrate leadership by working with the different IT Teams including Technical Support, Business Support, IT Operations, and Cyber Security
- Exercise creativity, independent judgment and business acumen in selecting methods and techniques to design non-routine and very complex business solutions utilizing existing solutions and technology to meet customer needs.
- Conduct repeatable strategy, architecture, roadmap, and planning workshops & assess overall alignment between business and technology roadmaps
- Act a guide to the teams executing digital transformation in areas of architecture of both domain and technology implementations
- Build cloud native applications using modern development technologies, including Containers and DevOps.
- Evaluate solutions alignment with the end user experience
- Create, own and maintain the Milaha Architectural Artifacts (building blocks, models, governance, architecture and unified roadmaps, etc.).
- Collaborate on the creation and maintenance of the enterprise business capability model.
- Accelerate business customers transformation leveraging cloud offering and combine a world-class learning and talent development expertise
- Build and manage Milaha multi-cloud strategy leveraging cloud partners (Oracle, Azure, AWS, Google) solutioning strategy, well-architecture, cloud change management and cloud-ready operating models according to Milaha’s digital transformation, security, data driven, automation, and artificial intelligence initiatives and pipeline with desired sustainability and ethics and compliance.
- Communicate and translate complex technical requirements into competitive solution that addresses business needs and maximize the benefits.
- End-to-end responsibility of the end-to-end solution which may include multi-tenancy, multi-tiered cloud IaaS/PaaS/SaaS, ERP Platforms, Applications and integrations.
- Provide technical leadership for various business units and technology groups
- Apply analytical thought processes to quickly understand technical challenges discovered during the life-cycle of the initiative
- Learn new technology concepts swiftly and comprehensively
- Evaluate how security impacts the design & development process of various solutions
- Communicate often with the business units and explain the value of technical architectures, solutions, and strategies
- Lead the documentation and analysis of the current state of all of the IT environments
- Collaborate on defining future state architectures and develop gap plans
- Collaborate extensively with IT Leaders and technical delivery teams to ensure alignment of best practices and standards
- Present architecture and strategy to all layer of the company from executives to individual contributors
- Closely work with Project Managers to manage the project scope
- Lead the creation and deployment of cloud-based systems that are scalable, secure, and aligned with company-wide business and IT objectives
- Perform targeted studies and evaluations to understand business objectives; translate those objectives into a cloud strategy; and recommend cloud technology options to IT management that map to tangible infrastructure solutions
- Conduct study for all new initiatives and provides management with insight for deployment options whether on premises or cloud supported by cost and other technical factors
- Design and develop distributed software to integrate with the cloud service providers chosen by IT leadership
- Direct and advise management on best approach for Cloud Resources consumptions and provide inputs for annual budgeting with regard to those resources with expansion plans and ROI
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education & Professional Qualification:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Information Systems, or a related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in working as an enterprise or solution architect designing and implementing large-scale systems and databases
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in creating clear, concise documentation for a multi-tier architectural model and discussing technical matters effectively with business end users
- Extensive experience in a multi-cloud environment (Oracle, Azure, AWS, Google) and understanding of each cloud offering and strategies
- Working knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks (TOGAF, EACOE, etc.)