About the job
About the role:
As an Airport Operations Control Centre Officer, you will be responsible for helping us achieve this ambition:
- You will be responsible for organizing all Airport Operations Control Centre (AOCC) positions related to flight data, resource allocation and resource allocation short-term planning.
- Monitor the actual operation and has to perform needed changes and take actions to the planned and real-time allocation based on operational requirements, dynamic changes of the flight data over the operational day and the activation of the A/C docking system
- You will be responsible in planning resources ahead of time and executing allocation in real-time.
- Day to day flight data processing and validation on an operational day and the next day in the Airport Operational Database.
- Monitoring of data flow on all AOCC systems in order to ensure accuracy and quality of data to all stakeholders and airport users.
- Take decisions based on the status of the live operation in order to improve the utilization of the airport hard resources and to recover from any irregularity. Preplanning of the hard resource allocation for the next day.
- To provide reports for any operational irregularity, operational discrepancy and for any situation that deviates from the Standard Operating Procedures and Airport Operations Work Instructions.
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor’s level
- Minimum 4 years of relevant working experience
- Must have attended airline operations courses i.e passenger, ramp and cargo
- Experience in a comparative function capacity within the aviation industry ( aerodrome operations, Ground Handling or airline environment)
- Comprehensive knowledge of airport operations and safety regulations and procedures
- Knowledge of interpreting and decoding SITA and AFTN messages
- Must have a good knowledge of aircraft types and IATA and ICAO aircraft codes
- Good understanding of airside layout and design requirements and principles
- Ability to follow SOP’s, AOWI and instructions by team leaders and management on tasks/responsibilities related to the departments policy and for the day of operations
- Administrative and managerial skills in handling resources