About the job
The role of the Legal Assistant/Paralegal is to provide Legal support in an organised manner to the Legal Manager in performing legal administrative and clerical activities to ensure the smooth functioning of the respective department processes.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Conduct ad-hoc legal research, reviewing and drafting simple legal documents, and providing support with general legal secretarial matters;
- Research regulations, laws, and legal articles to assist with the preparation of reports, case files, and legal advice.
- Work on compliance-related matters.
- Attend telephone calls, take messages, and handle correspondence in an organised manner.
- Maintain a calendar and record of all meetings, ensure meetings are effectively organised and minutes.
- Maintain an effective filing system for managing contracts and related documentation for ensuring ease of access. Ensure that all department manuals are up to date. Scan all documents processed by the department, Archive files, etc.
- Liaise with various stakeholders to ensure accurate tracking of contracts.
- Manage visitors in an organised manner.
- Order and maintain adequate office stationery.
- Organize and coordinate conferences and travel arrangements as requested.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the direct supervisor/manager
- Timely and reliable legal research.
- Maintenance of accurate records of all department activities
- Effective meetings management and action point follow-up
- Effective filing and retrieval system
Communications & Working Relationships:
- All Departments
- Visitors /Consultants / etc.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- LLB Degree from a reputable University.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Arabic is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience, either in-house or law firm.
- Good Interpersonal skills, Attention to detail
- Computer Skills (MS Office – Word / Excel / PowerPoint)
Please be reminded that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.