About the job
The barista’s will greet customers, answer their questions, take orders and accept payments, and prepare and serve food and drinks. Barista responsibilities include educating customers on our drinks menu, making recommendations based on their preferences, up-selling special items and taking orders.
The barista’s also maintain a clean and well-stocked workspace and dining area, update displays, and continuously expand your knowledge of coffee, food and beverage quality controls, preparation methods, and ultimately the presentation.
To be successful in this role, you should have good customer service skills and knowledge of how brewing equipment operates. You should also be able to work various shifts. To succeed as a barista, you should be committed to providing customers with excellent service. You should be positive, friendly, knowledgeable, and polite. Ultimately, you’ll ensure an excellent experience for our guests.
The working timings include morning and/or evening shifts. Weekends and holidays work are required.
- Greet customers as they enter
- Give customers drink menus and answer their questions regarding ingredients
- Take orders while paying attention to details (e.g. preferences of coffee blend, dairy and sugar ratios etc)
- Prepare beverages following recipes
- Serve beverages and prepared food, like cookies, pastries and muffins
- Receive and process payments (via cash and credit cards)
- Keep the cafe area clean
- Maintain stock of clean mugs and plates
- Check if brewing equipment operates properly and report any maintenance needs
- Comply with health and safety regulations
- Communicate customer feedback to brand managers and recommend the ways to improve customer experience and sales.
Requirements and skills
- Previous work experience as a Barista
- Hands-on experience with brewing equipments
- The art of making good coffee and drinks.
- Knowledge of sanitation regulations
- Flexibility to work various shifts
- Alongside some of general skill, good Baristas should possess:
- Great communication skills and customer service skills
- A happy, friendly personality
- Ability to stay calm during busy periods
- Ability to be calm and positive when dealing with complaints or difficult situations.
- High level of attention-to-detail
- Enthusiasm to develop your skills and knowledge
- Adaptable to change and willing to embrace new ideas and processes
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work
- Ability to gauge customers’ preferences
- Positive and approachable manner and Good team player qualities
- Opportunities to build a successful career with global potential
- Unique strong culture – diversity
- Living accommodation in a high quality, well-resourced apartment
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Paid annual home leave tickets
- Free transportation to work
- Medical coverage