About the job
The Director of Spa is someone who is a well-known Spa & Fitness leader in the industry and has aesthetic taste with the ability to create a tasteful spa environment and translate that into eye for detail and crispness. They understand market trends and have a proven track record for collaborating with Directors of Marketing to put together sound business plans and supporting action steps.
We are looking for individuals who possess a high level of attention to detail and a strong work ethic. The ability to multitask and prioritize is also essential for this position.
Successful candidates will be a willing team player, comfortable with electronic systems and willing to accept assignments on a need basis, in order to promote team work. Flexibility to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
The Director of the Spa is part of a diverse and dynamic team that provides award-winning service to our valued guests. This leader will provide leadership for all operational management team and will be responsible for delivering the highest level of service in terms of guest experience with a strong focus on Elite Guests’ experiences.
- Maintain harmonious and professional relationships with all departments
- Comply with and enforce Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
- Plan, organize, lead and control different projects and activities within the Spa & Fitness team.
- Identify coaching moments and ensure that those moments become opportunities of learning and development for the Spa & Fitness team.
- Establish a rapport with the Spa & Fitness team and other divisions within the hotel.
- Have a global working perspective and excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Great understanding of Self-Esteem and Self-Actualization of Team and ensure proper support and help is provided whenever needed.
- Have the ability to supervise the day-to-day duties of the Spa & Fitness team and assist as necessary.
- Hold monthly department meetings with Spa & Fitness Staff to ensure communication and address any issues that are affecting the team.
- Participate in and develop staff training programs and development plans in order to minimize staff turnover and maintain high morale. Particular emphasis should be given to those individuals qualifying for future advancement.
- Supervise, train and motivate department staff to thoroughly understand all of their duties and responsibilities.
- Actively network within the community to attract potential candidates for recruitment purposes.
- Prepare reviews and development plans and take appropriate personnel-related action (i.e. hire, commend, discipline, evaluate, etc.) with Spa & Fitness staff as required.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times and work the hours required to lead the team by example and assure the operations are under control – leading by example is key
- Assist in other areas of the department as needed and follow tasks given by the General Manager whenever required.
- Create relationships with all Spa & Fitness patrons including members
- Opportunities to build a successful career with global potential
- Unique strong culture – diversity of 50 different nationalities
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Complimentary nights at FS Hotels Worldwide
- Paid annual home leave tickets
- Complimentary meals in employee restaurants
- Medical coverage
The hotel will apply for work authorization for a successful candidate.