About the job
You would be responsible to manage and successfully deliver assigned IT projects and solutions in compliance with project standards and processes of QR IT, to meet defined business requirements within agreed timescales and cost.
As a project manager, you will lead assigned projects from initiation through to closure by adopting QRIT project management processes and best practices. You will be responsible for project estimation & budgeting, effective project planning & tracking, stakeholders management, team engagement and risks mitigation through the project life cycle.
- Ensure Delivery of assigned IT projects / solutions coordinating with business users, other departments of QR and suppliers. This includes solutions built in-house, acquired commercial off the shelf packages and IT application support
- Prepare project plans and resource allocations for projects
- Ensure the below for all projects managed
- Project plans are realistic, maintained and properly resourced
- Delivery is within time and cost
- Projects are carried out through the defined phases fully complying with QR IT process and procedures
- Solutions meet agreed requirements and business expectations, are maintainable and meet documented and agreed criteria. This requires that all solutions are adequately tested.
- Risks are assessed and mitigation / management strategies are designed
- Contribute Business – IT Strategy and IT budgeting of assigned business units
- Timely and accurate project information and reporting are provided to IT management and business
Management & Leadership
- Establish team objectives that are in line with department objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate team objectives, plans, procedures and practices and make appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise the team. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, motivate, guide, develop and discipline to ensure a high level of service delivery
- To be committed to the National Talent development, by coaching the national developees, preparing them for a career with boundless potential, leading to the programs continued growth and success
Job specific skills
- Excellent understanding of project management processes, best practices and delivery methodologies.
- Experience in Project Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Knowledge of DevSecOps process and the related automation tools
- Expertise in areas of delivering IT projects / applications using both traditional waterfall and agile delivery methodologies
- Minimum 3 years of Software or Application Development experience will be beneficial for this role
- Well versed with agile ways of working, delivering MVP and continuous improvement
- Hands on experience in using project management tools like Project Online, Azure DevOps
- Ability to manage a mixed team comprising of vendor(s) and in-house team to successfully deliver projects
- Ability to understand and drive vendors to provide goods and services as per contracted terms and conditions
- Ability to work with multiple internal and external stakeholders to successfully deliver projects
- Expertise in areas of project management, system development/design, and implementation of IT solutions/products in an IT organization
- Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among the team members and effectively manage any interpersonal conflict.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills; ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences