About the job
About The Role
Accountable and responsible to review, analyse, draft and negotiate contracts in conjunction with internal departments, including Qatar Airways’ Group Legal Department. Provide and clearly communicate impartial legal advice on commercial, corporate, and construction law matters in relation to a variety of contracts across Qatar Airways Group and its subsidiaries (“QR”). Understand, interpret, and apply applicable laws, regulations and industry standards to QR’s current and future business model. Ensure that contracts entered into comply with all applicable laws, policies and procedures and minimize company’s exposure to risk.
- Review contractual templates from a contract law perspective, covering various legal jurisdictions, including but not limited to the State of Qatar and England and Wales.
- Negotiate and draft a wide variety of commercial agreements.
- Draft, negotiate and manage contracts in accordance with corporate requirements, supporting legal requirements and procedures to secure and protect the business interests of the company in matters related to commercial contracts.
- Review, draft and negotiate contracts with suppliers and service providers for a variety of services, including but not limited to facilities management, IT, manpower supply, equipment supplies and professional services.
- Identify commercial and legal risks and escalate matters when appropriate.
- Resolve any disputes which arise and identify areas for improvement in company’s contracting processes.
- Effectively manage external counsel.
- Review third party terms and conditions and assist internal stakeholders to interpret contractual provisions as part of the dispute resolution process.
- Advise and assist internal stakeholders at all stages of the RFP process, including but not limited to, selecting the appropriate legal terms and conditions; negotiating requested deviations to QR’s standard contract terms and preparing the final contract package upon award.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 6 years of job-related experience.
- Must be qualified as a lawyer in a recognized jurisdiction.
- Relevant experience in a similar position.
- Strong legal drafting skills
- Excellent commercial legal knowledge relating to general commercial contracts and construction contracts.
- Contracting and negotiating skills to the highest standard.
- Proven track record of handling complex issues and negotiations.
- Have worked in a medium or large sized matrixed/cross-functional environment.
- Contracts management experience.