About the job
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop a career as an Electrical Engineer?
During the course of our two-year global graduate development programme our Graduate Engineers will work with our multidisciplinary teams developing skills across a wide variety of projects both in Qatar and overseas. Your contribution will make a positive lasting benefit to the environment and our communities.
Graduate Development at GHD
The Graduate Development Program is an integrated approach to developing future leaders and technical specialists.
You will learn about our business and our values, your team, and most importantly, yourself. You will develop your decision-making, communication, technical and leadership skills. We offer mentoring and a variety of development activities, providing on the job experience and exposure to a diverse range of projects, as well as support towards gaining chartered status within your Engineering field.
Reporting to a Team Leader and collaborating across sectors, your anticipated responsibilities include:
- Delivering technical assignments, work elements and work packages under supervision, which may include:
- Technical research and studies
- Use of software to undertake power system analysis studies
- Network innovation project delivery
- Data and digitalisation project implementation
- Engineering design
- Project management
- Numerical analysis and preparation of technical reports
- Travel for site visits, team meetings, as required
- Application of your acquired skills and knowledge in a range of environments
- Successful contribution to and delivery of projects in a team environment
To deliver against these responsibilities you will demonstrate:
- An honours degree in relevant subject area
- You will work towards Chartered Engineer or near Chartered status in a relevant professional institution
- Previous use of Computer Aided Design and Modelling is desirable, but not necessary
- Be a problem solver and collaborative teammate with good communication skills
What We Offer
We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.We are committed to the success of our people which is why we want to create the best employee experience that supports each member through all the stages of their career.
- A competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package; medical insurance, life insurance, employee assistance program, annual leave holidays as per the labour law with the option to buy an additional 4 weeks
- Enhanced parental leave
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- Wellbeing resources and tools, and demonstration of our commitment to wellbeing
- Team led flexible working
- Opportunities to grow your skills and shape your career towards technical expertise, developing the market or leading a business or team
- International, multi-cultural team of highly motivated individuals
- An exciting referral program; bring people with you!