About the job
With us you will:
This role provides operational and conformance checking of information security implemented within Vodafone Qatar. The role will undertake specific security operations directly and will work with identified stakeholders to ensure that security operations are being undertaken to meet defined policies.
The person in the role will also undertake regular conformance-checking tasks to ensure compliance is met to acceptable security levels.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Continuously looks for ways to enhance company network security and protect its sensitive information
- Security Operations: Monitor security system logs, intrusion prevention logs, and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity.
- Monitor network traffic for security incidents and events and Investigate incidents and respond to events in real time. Write detailed incident response reports and submit to respective management in time effective manners.
- Develop and promote best practices for information security. Conformance Checking and Manage Cyber Security Awareness activities.
- Ensure Key Risk Indicators are gathered and reported upon, on an on-going basis. Make sure IT Systems are following the organization policies, industry policies, and system security standards
- Ensure Audit/Vulnerability analysis findings are reviewed, prioritized, implemented by the owner and successfully closed in time effective manners.
- Performs related tasks consistent with skills and abilities and general responsibilities as assigned by the Line Manager.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Information & Security or equivalent
- Cybersecurity Analyst Professional Certifications will be added advantage
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in investigating IT system security incidents
- 2 to 4 years of progressive experience in computing and information security.
- In-depth knowledge of auditing and analysing compliance levels especially related to baseline security controls (e.g., access controls, logging).
- Knowledge and good understanding to maintain up to date security assessment dashboard and timely reporting to management.
- Knowledge of Unix, Windows, Cisco Network systems etc.
- Timely and competent handling of security incidents, and security analysis work
- Timely and consistent management of conformance checking
- Expertise in cybersecurity management & Analysis, Baseline security controls