About the job
About The Role
As a Terminal Duty Manager, you will be responsible for helping us achieve this ambition through:
Overseeing the entire passenger terminal complex activities on a 24/7 rotational role under the direction of the Senior Manager Terminal Operations with a functional reporting line to the Airport Operations Manager. Managing a team of approximately 25-30 per shift and monitoring various service providers. Planning the smooth running and effective flow of customers and passengers. Managing the delays and disruptions, troubleshoot issues and handle complaints, resolve staff grievances and conflicts.
- Visit busy areas as per traffic flow to ensure visible physical presence throughout the Passenger Terminal Complex whilst on shift.
- Perform daily checks within Passenger Terminal Complex to ensure the general cleanliness, tidiness and overall ambience of the Passenger Terminal Complex, offices and other facilities.
- Analyze traffic forecast and plan the adequate measures to ensure an efficient flow of customers in and out of the airport departure and arrivals terminals and security in accordance with procedure and in compliance with relevant local, country and international law and procedures.
- Perform daily check within the Passenger Terminal Complex to ensure the sufficient availability of trolleys for customer at all times within the assigned nesting areas.
- Perform daily checks within Passenger Terminal Complex to ensure all airport tenants and users adhere to Airport User Regulation Manual and aerodrome safety practices in the terminal
- Analyze daily operations to identify areas of improvement and gaps that would enhance the overall level of service and propose initiatives.
- Perform daily check within the Passenger Terminal Complex to ensure that all works are carried in a safe, timely and efficient manner and hold the proper Letter of Approval documentation.
- Perform daily checks within Passenger Terminal Complex to control and report any security relevant observations immediately to the HIA security Duty manager (ASOC)
- Conduct shift briefing to ensure the latest information are distributed to all staff
- Conduct safety and security briefings to ensure issues, incident and accident are solved according to procedures.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience, with at least 4 years in a supervisory role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role and people management.
- IATA certifications and airline operations training will be highly regarded.
- Ability to work shifts at the airport providing cover 24 hours per day, 7 days per week on a shift rotation basis.