About the job
Overview of the role:
To drive sales growth and sustained long-term profitability, by establishing and retaining a life-long relationship with existing and new customers. This is achieved by working in partnership with our customers and other functions to:
Secure an easy buying process from home to home, and understand and match customers’ needs and expectations now and in the future to motivate our customers to shop with us more frequently because they trust us to make their shopping experiences successful and their visits worthwhile; as every customer counts.
What you will do:-
Description of Accountability:
- To lead and manage the team and work with colleagues in other functions to optimise the relationship with our customers in order to drive sales growth and sustained, long-term profitability. This is done by:
- Drive the/be owner of the Commercial review in the store, o-operating and influencing the commercial team, the CR team and other support functions to ensure that they understand the customer’s perspective when implementing new solution and evaluating exiting ones.
- Knowing the local market and working with the commercial team to support commercial activities, this will convert more visitors to customers, and generate repeat store visits, balancing our business needs with our customers’ needs.
- Having in place service agreements with external providers, ensuring these are clearly communicated and priced in store, which support sales. Ensure they deliver a standard of service that contributes to making the IKEA store first choice for home furnishings.
- Working with the check-out and exchange and returns manager and store team to ensure the check-outs are appropriately staffed at all times of the day in order to make it easy and convenient for us to close sales.
- Analysing customer feedback to identify root causes, taking action to improve short and long-term customer satisfaction.
- Encouraging the team to take fast action on ideas to improve our customers’ shopping experience, acting on customer feedback, competition and performance analysis.
- Educating the team in the IKEA Concept, and ensuring that they read and use the appropriate manuals from Inter IKEA Systems B.V. and other global solutions to help them maximise our customers’ shopping experience.
- Ensuring the managers in the CRM department agree clear expectations and standards with their teams regarding routines and that they regularly follow up on these.
- Ensuring quality standards are met in store by focusing on the detail in order that the store is clean and tidy at all times of the trading day
- Take the service office input and co-ordinate it with the store potential in order to agree customer relation goals, which supports the achievement of the agreed store goals.
- By constantly monitoring our performance against agreed goals, adapting and taking action when required.
- Ensure all customer relations initiatives grow our business and support the sustaining of long-term profitability, always considering the impact on customer satisfaction.
- By delivering on agreed goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) by:
- Analysing KPIs and working with the team to create meaningful actions to achieve agreed goals.
- Controlling costs through working in a lean, simple, cost-conscious way using good examples and solutions, and encouraging the team and colleagues to discover more effective ways of working in order to drive productivity.
- Lead and manage the team and work with Store and Service Office colleagues to understand our local competitor service offers, our customers’ shopping behaviours and their living situations, and use these insights to improve our customers’ shopping experience. Coordinate one visit per year to customer houses.
- Work with the team to secure easy buying process, instant gratification and stock availability which will make it easy and convenient for our customers to shop at all times throughout the day and encourage repeat visits to the store.
- Ensure all the IKEA shopping tools are in place, in the right quantity and functioning effectively.
- Work with the team and other functions to promote and encourage a customer-focused culture throughout the store to ensure we are first choice for home furnishings and destination for the whole family.
- Always look at our store through the eyes of our customers and walk the shop floor during different times throughout the trading day. To use this opportunity to talk to co-workers, giving input and encouraging their feedback.
- To regularly meet with our customers to learn from their experiences, ideas and views in order to improve the home to home shopping experience. Organize in store customer intelligence surveys
- Analyse feedback from our customers and work with my team and other functions to make improvements to our customers’ shopping experience by securing an easy buying process throughout the store
People Management and Development
- Make sure all co-workers are properly trained and encourage them to participate in trainings and in development programs to secure the store performance and succession needs
- Manage the recruitment of the Customer relations department. Ensure the vacancies are filled as soon as they arise and the right candidates are hired in the vacant positions
- Ensure positive results in the employee survey and taking action in the areas where the satisfaction is low
Required Skills to be successful:
- The role focuses on the Customer relations and the overall operations in the store
- ICSS, CSI and brand Capital surveys results play an important role in this job
- The CRM together with the Sales Manager will replace the store manager in his/her absence.
- Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- PC skills
- Readiness to persevere with difficult tasks
- Able to focus and drive tasks to completion
What equips you for the role:
- Bachelor Degree (Masters preferred)
- 5-8 years’ experience in in similar role.
- Retail experience
- Taking Initiative
- Drive for Results
- Strategic Planning
- Analytical Skills
- Excel competence
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong/excellent attention to detail