About the job
** PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO QATARI CANDIDATES **
Job Summary and Purpose
Lead and effectively manage the Marine Procurement activities across Nakilat and its joint ventures, including but not limited to contracts’ management and administration, sourcing strategy, performance monitoring and tracking, vendors’ management, etc., aiming at maximizing cost-effectiveness and optimizing value.
1. Manage the end-to-end contracting activities in an effective and efficient way enabling Nakilat to enhance returns from spend for goods and services, and improve the performance in terms of cost, quality and overall value.
2. Plan, develop and implement the entire range of the procurement strategies in alignment with the business objectives.
3. Manage the challenges associated with conflicting priorities and change in demand due to rapid business growth.
4. Manage the overall transactional activities from purchase requisition to final delivery on board and ensure that parts and services are delivered to vessels on time, and as per company standards.
5. Ensure that a Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are in place and follow the objectives strictly.
6. Define, implement and manage the various marine procurement categories under supply.
7. Optimize existing contracts in terms of efficiency, cost and value which shall directly have an impact on Marine spend in coordination with Nakilat and the Joint Venture companies.
8. Identify opportunities for synergies, consolidation and standardization engaging JVs, and leverage size and scale, and execute accordingly to realize value through strategic contract and cost management solutions.
9. Ensure that the marine procurement strategy is aligned with organization goals, business strategy and Marine responsibilities.
10. Ensure obtaining End User buy in at all stages of contracts’ management to ensure the smooth implementation of contracts.
11. Establish regular KPI’s and Suppliers scorecards for the Marine spending considering previous experience, lesson learned with focus on continuous improvement, and standardize the KPI’s and scorecards amongst the various Marine activities (where possible).
12. Optimize Suppliers database based on research conducted, internal / external sourcing.
13. Implement and develop an effective supplier relationship approach with vendors, covering performance follow up, Supplier risk management, Supplier improvement plans, etc.
University degree in Procurement and Supply Chain; Law; Business Administration; Engineering (BA and above; Master’s Degree preferred).
Preferably with a membership of CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply).
8 to 10 years of experience in Marine Procurement, 3 out of which should be in a managerial role in a well-recognized maritime company.
Experience in handling contracts for various disciplines with complex procedures and policies.
Proven experience in vendor management and contract management is required.