About the job
About the role
Organize, manage and control all QDF front-of-house food and beverage operations as per the established strategy and business plan for the financial year. Further responsible to provide oversight and coordination for associated QDF F&B businesses, such as Concessions and JV oversight. Drive business analytics for maintaining market share within Hamad International Airport.
Key accountabilities include:
- Drive operational excellence as per Senior Manager / Divisional leadership.
- Develop cyclical product offers: Menu and composition calendar to optimize business performance.
- Develop and implement F&B sales data management system to ensure optimal price and quality balance.
- Day to day management and oversight of all HIA F&B operations and landside outlets.
- Implement and maintain all F&B operational policies and procedures, and ensure standards are met and maintained as per guidelines.
- Ensure safe food service practices are maintained for food handling, cleaning and hygiene, as per HACCP.
- Achieve financial objectives in accordance to the AOP and maximize revenues and profitability.
- Ensure customer service standards are maintained at all times for both internal and external customers.
- Ensure all in-store and marketing activity is correctly briefed and executed.
- Develop financial astuteness of team through monthly business analysis as per established standards. Implement financial policies in the department, including cash handling processes.
- Develop individual business unit (IBU) profit system to enable optimization of net operating income by location, based on changing guest profile.
- Analyze variances to financial targets and initiate corrective actions, provide financial sales data.
- Maximize profitability through well identified opportunities for cost mitigation, and improved margins in each revenue stream.
- Control all par levels in outlets and merchandise to ensure effective cost management.
- Complete and present monthly reports on outlets.
- Initiated an ongoing product improvement program that ensures consistent improvement; in co-ordination with the Executive Head Chef, review the F&B offer with the view to further develop the QDF brand to ensure it is relevant, fresh, innovative and achieving desired returns.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Relevant College or University qualification to a minimum of Bachelor’s level
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in an international airport, hotel or shopping complex.
- Qualifications in both food preparation and service such as City & Guilds (or equivalent) (7103 – Food and Beverage Service, 4425-Customer Service).
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English language.
- HACCP Certified
- Health and Safety certification and experience in HACCP/FSA/USDA implementation.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible F&B management experience.
- Ability to manage a diverse and innovative brand mix in a fast paced environment
- High level of computer literacy
- Excellent customer focus and service delivery.
- Progressive growth in guest satisfaction, team engagement and financial results.
- Electronic point of sale system skills at expert level.
- Decision making and problem solving.