About the job
About the role
The air freight industry landscape is entering an accelerated phase of change and transformation. From digitalising the end-to-end value chain, to fortifying a true e-commerce experience, to the launch of digital freight marketplaces, and much more. At Qatar Airways Cargo, we recently launched our VISION 2027 Roadmap as part of The Next Generation programme. The roadmap encapsulates the journey to bring about changes both internally and externally with the objective to simplify business engagements with Qatar Airways Cargo regardless whether the task on hand is complex or simple.
To support our VISION 2027 roadmap, we are looking for talents – the bold, the imaginative and the change-maker. All of whom will support Qatar Airways Cargo’s position as a true leader in the air freight industry. If you want to make an impact, to grow your experience and to challenge your comfort zone, then join us at Qatar Airways Cargo and be part of The Next Generation of change-makers.
Become the ambassador and the orchestrator of Qatar Airways Cargo VISION 2027.
We are pleased to announce this incredibly exciting opportunity to be part of Qatar Airways Cargo Operations team as a Cargo Safety Compliance Manager in our office in Doha.
Join the #MovedByPeople family and leave a mark as part of Cargo Operations. We care, we lead and we have fun managing small to large-scale business transformation projects to offer simple service to our customers while connecting global communities.
As a Cargo Safety Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for managing the safety standards and safety performance globally ensuring compliance is always maintained within the Cargo network including staff, stakeholders and suppliers.
To develop a cargo safety programme to the importance of safety within the cargo business and ensure all stakeholders and staff are engaged in it. Develop and implement a freighter safety plan to ensure all future growth has consistency of safety standards and implementation across the network.
- To liaise and manage with the GHAs and conduct audits at stations. Ensure GHA training is reviewed and meets QR requirements. To manage and release safety bulletins to the cargo network as well as regular reporting.
- To ensure integration with the Corporate Safety team’s strategy and objectives and full adherence to the company’s Safety Management Systems standards and requirements.
- This role will also incorporate the cargo elements for Emergency Response including plans for freighter only stations, in conjunction with the corporate Emergency Response structure and procedures.
- Responsibility for assessing the Safety performance measurement of all GHA suppliers.
- Ensure delivery of all Safety related KPI for Cargo, including developing reporting programmes for management in Cargo and Corporate Safety
- This role is of a senior nature and there exists within the role a significant scope to influence the future success of the business.
- Ensure all Cargo Safety Manual changes are aligned with our Safety programme.
- Recommend best practices for safe and secure operation in accordance to airline best practices standards.
- Review all Cargo manuals to ensure the safety elements are kept updated, maintained and developed.
- Review all Safety related training elements. Ensure Safety is a core value of all training courses and remains relevant and updated.
To be successful in this role, you must be a graduate or equivalent level, with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
Work experience in the Airline industry is a mandatory requirement for this role.
- Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Auditor Training, Cargo Management
- Knowledge and understanding of IATA/TACT regulations
- Understanding of SGHA Agreement clauses
- Safety Management Systems – Principles and Procedures